RealModScene
n0wus3r

How get FreeStyle 3 installer to set to hdd not usb

I bought this jtagged xbox w/ v2.2 dashboard.

I am attempting to update to the v3 dashboard. I've got both the installer and the program files for version 3 on a usb drive which I can select via xexmenu, but the installer only says USB not hdd so even when I choose installer it never actually puts it on the xbox.

I was able to copy the installer to the local hdd, but xexmenu does not have the local xbox disk as an option, only the usb drives.

Any idea's?

is the machine running FSD at the minute.?.. if you go to stock dash does your drive show under storage in there....and when your in xex menu and you press the blue button does the drive not show....has it been formatted in the stock dashboard as "storage" 

Do you know how to use FTP and is the box connected to your network?

sorry for all the questions...lol

Now it boots straight to the "normal" if Navigate manually I can the version.

I know how to use ftp and yes the xbox is on the network.

I'll try the button thing and let you know.

and no I have  USB0, USB1, DVD, FLASH in my list.

Then your console doesn't know you have a HDD... verify that it's connected properly :)

You don't need the installer to install it, you can just ftp it over ;)

So that's something I am unclear on. If I launch file manager there is a 32gb drive this with an internal hd logo. As well removing all usb booting indicates there are two directories

GAME:

OnboardMU:

which I'm assuming is on this 32gb internal drive. Am I missing something here?

So that's something I am unclear on. If I launch file manager there is a 32gb drive this with an internal hd logo. As well removing all usb booting indicates there are two directories

GAME:

OnboardMU:

which I'm assuming is on this 32gb internal drive. Am I missing something here?

"OnboardMU:" is a 256MB, 512MB or 4GB memory on the motherboard, if you have a Jasper or Corona it's built in, if you have a Trinity it's a module connected inside the console to the motherboard

"Game:" is the directory which contains the files for the currently running game (not a seperate device, just a mount point)

How would they have installed FSD v2.2? What options do I have for version 3?

They?

Well, you can download F3 from here, then just unpack it to a folder like "F3" or so on your internal harddrive (over ftp of course) then you just launch that instead of FSD 2.2 ;)

So I just replace the contents of the FSD folder on the internal storage device? via ftp?

How do I set it to auto-boot

Sorta, i recommend adding a second folder and placing the files there instead... you make it autoboot by editing the default = ... in launch.ini

alright so good news and thanks everyone I was able to update the FSD folder in OnBoardMu directory. It doesn't auto boot to it though. Anything missing from launch.ini?

[QuickLaunchButtons]BUT_X = Flash:dash.xexDefault = intmu:FSDdefault.xex

[settings]pingpatch = truecontpatch = truefatalreboot = trueregionspoof = truedvdexitdash = truexblaexitdash = truefatalfreeze = falsenxemini = true

[Plugins]plugin1 = intmu:Pluginsftpdll.xex

Probably something with the path for "default = intmu:FSDDefault.xex"

On a side note; BUT_X is useless with this configuration, just use RB...

That was in there from before don't know I've ever used it. Should I change intmu to OnBoardMU? If I goto XEXMENU->USB1->FreeStyle 3 then I can launch file manager and it does successfully load from onboardmui, but for some reason it defaults to the xbox dashboard instead.

That was in there from before don't know I've ever used it. Should I change intmu to OnBoardMU? If I goto XEXMENU->USB1->FreeStyle 3 then I can launch file manager and it does successfully load from onboardmui, but for some reason it defaults to the xbox dashboard instead.

No, from what i understand you're running it from USB1? if so, change it to "default = usb:Freestyle 3default.xex", this will make it launch from the usb when it's plugged in when it's in when you start the console...

Sorry I meant that since it's not booting from onboardmu to manually load it from  there I Have to follow the path I mentioned. I want it to boot from onboardmu

Sorry I meant that since it's not booting from onboardmu to manually load it from  there I Have to follow the path I mentioned. I want it to boot from onboardmu

Then i would suggest running F3 from a usb memory and removing the old files in the folder on the internal MU and putting the new ones there...

I did that through FTP...Well anyway I wanted to say thanks as I think I'm on the right path. I made the mistake of launching dashlaunch as I thought that might fix the latest issue, but it appears to have done something and now I have to build a new nand...thanks for help though.

Then your console doesn't know you have a HDD... verify that it's connected properly :)

You don't need the installer to install it, you can just ftp it over ;)

i am having exact similar symptoms and problem, only am a nubie-

how to make console show HDD -

how to ftp