RealModScene
Jason Ang

50% of the time booting into FS3

Hello all, not sure why when I initially turn on my xbox, it goes to the Microsoft X animation logo, but do not proceed to FS3.  When I turn it off, then on again, that's the time it will go to FS3.  

I have FS3 installed on USB HDD, connected at the back, above the lan port.  

Are others experiencing this?  

I'm currently using FS3, Latest dashlaunch.

general rule of thumb is to install FSD on the attached HDD, maybe your USB one isn't kicking in, in time to load FSD, then when you power off and back up the hard drive might be up to it's rpm. 

I see.  I also suspect that being the case.  But I didn't have enough knowledge before to install FS3 onto the HDD.  I assume now that I'll be redoing it, I should start with FS3 installer, and have it install dashlaunch as well?  

Thanks

it's just a theory so i'm not 100%, I've never had FSD installed from a USB drive you see, but if you think about it, when your machine is sleeping and then you turn it on the the USB attached drive needs time to spin up, if it's 5000 RPM or 7500 RPM, and then that's what got me thinking that FSD might not be able to load in time for it to boot on your first go...... just a stab in the dark with this one but someone might be able to help further....

yeah stick it on the attached drive and dashlaunch and all that ;) even better get a small SSD for the one that's attached..ha....wooosh! 

Have fun. 

datastream is correct, this is caused by your external USB hdd not spinning up in time for F3 to be launched by dashlaunch. I have fixed this issue myself by getting a CHEAP no name chinese enclosure for my external hdd but you can also solve it by moving F3 to the internal HDD.

even better get a small SSD for the one that's attached..ha....wooosh! 

SSD doesn't mean it'll instantly go that much faster, infact... a SSD can cause unforseen problems caused by it beeing to fast, hell... when i did a test using a SSD a couple of years ago on my 360 and ran Borderlands from it the console rebooted itself at the point where it loaded the map... that was caused by the game crashing due to the speed it can also happen on PC's that your computer is running so fast that game textures fall behind etc. (i've seen that aswell)

• Like 1