RealModScene
Jason Ang

Need help to identify what prodedures to do with my Xbox

This is what I know when I asked the person I bought my xbox from

Facts:

1. They called it Jtag

2. I have the white Xbox, I believe during those times, I hear Jasper, with internal HDD

3. I have only Freestyle Dash 1.20

4. I have games on my external USB HDD

5. 50% of the time when I start Xbox, it goes to Freestyle Dash, the other half, it goes to default xbox homescreen, and I have to restart my xbox all over again

What I'd like to know:

1. Does it mean since my device is Jtagged (that's what the person who modded it called it), I automatically have dashlaunch?  I don't see it, nor do I know where to find it.

2. Do all I need to do to be able to play the latest and greatest games is to update my dashlaunch and freestyle dash?

3. What is the easiest procedure to do them?  Saw on one of the mainscreens is using XEbuild 1.08, will this work for me? http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2211-xebuild-108-with-new-update-feature/

4. Which do I do first? Update dashlaunch or freestyle dash?

Thanks in advance to all.

Hi there Jason, there are three things that you need to update in order to make the most of your new console.  1.Freestyle dash, which is currently in its 3rd release meaning you are way behind! 2. Dashlaunch, the newest version of dashlaunch contains many fixes that allow your system to work correctly with the latest and greatest games.  Dashlaunch works behind the scenes doing many things but one of its functions is to redirect your console from booting microsoft dash to the Freestyle dash.  If it is doing this (even intermitently) then yes, you have dashlaunch although it is probably extremely out of date. and 3. your microsoft kernel, this can't be updated through microsoft, you have to use a specialized program to update update the microsoft kernel or it will break your jtag.  Their are many great tutorials on this site that will help you to do all 3 of these things.So to answer all of your questions:1. No, you don't automatically have it but yes, you do have it but need to update it.2. No, to play the latest and greatest games you need the latest dahlaunch, freestyle dash and Microsoft kernel (modified through Xebuild)3. Here is a tutorial by Wabashman for getting your console up to date through Xebuild, since you don't have the latest version of Xell (push eject to boot to find out what Xell is) you won't be able to use the tutorial in your link to update.  It has a lot of pictures and is very easy to follow, I would recommend it. http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/413-quick-and-easy-way-to-update-your-jtagrgh/4. I would update your microsoft kernel first through Wabashmans tutorial.  After that, find the freestyle dash update program found here http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/24-fsd-22-installer/ it will install the latest version of freestyle dash and dashlaunch for you if you have your console connected to the internet (do NOT accept any updates or try to connect to Xbox live, this will brick your box!).For more understanding on HOW updating works and why you should, check out this tutorial, the tutorial is a little outdated, but the info is good to know. http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/349-update-your-rghjtag-with-xebuild-gui-and-nand-flasher-for-xbox-360/

• Like 1