RealModScene
timelesspa

updates

was just curious, lve been given a usb wireless dongle for an xbox which means l dont have to connect my xbox via crossover to download updates for FSD or to use the system link to play online, however l do know that with rgh/jtag consoles that uploading xbox updates will cause problems.so basically is there a way to make sure that if l leave the usb wireless dongle will not download microsoft updates and cause problems for my rgh'd console if l leave the dongle connected?

I dont think its any diffrent then normal , Ur console wont go " live " unless you want it to , But to be safe , Block it in the parent control option , Altough i think Dashlaunch blocks it.. idk :) but i think ur safe =) 

You can block xbox live membership creation and connection from the parental settings on the retail dash, for an extra layer of security, just block system updates in dashlaunch.

so my assumption is that in order to download updates you need a live account? by blocking live creation you block updates as well? just curious.as for dashlaunch, l assume such settings are automatically set to block access to live services and update downloading would save me going through the setups again unless there is an easier way to access dashlaunch without going through the whole setup process again. (l guess the easy way would be editing it through the launch.ini? in which case ld need to familiarise myself with editing those values, tho to be honest lm not really an online gamer l just thought it would be fun on occasion to play through FSDs system link since ld have the option to with the wireless dongle l acquired.

yes i think its block by default, just take a look :) you can do as i do . i have dashlaunch on a usb stick whenever i need it :) gl :)

you can run dashlaunch without the setup disk? just curious where do l find the app as it would save me going through the FSD setups.

if you installed dashlaunch via the install disk I believe the app is found inside the freestyle folder.  You should be able to launch it from there