RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
vicicarus

Multi-Disk games in FSD3 set up...

Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,

I look through the tutorials, games and other topics but I didn't see the tutorial for how to set up multi-disk games in fsd3. I am sure I saw it here. But what I am trying to do is install games like mass effect, FF and LA Noir and have it in fsd3 with only one cover showing for all the disks. "How to path them properly". If any one can point me in the direction of the tut or if some one can point out how to....

You should have a folder with the game name and inside that folder should be a folder for each game disc.

To remove duplicate covers from FSD, press "Y" on each duplicate cover, select "Move Game" and then choose "No Section".

The extra discs will still remain on the hard drive and in the FSD database, but you will only see one cover for the game (disc swapping will take place automatically).

Thank you for the reply,

I would need to edit the txt file for dashlaunch,yes? And would I need to extend the folder depth scans path in fsd,yes?

I would need to edit the txt file for dashlaunch,yes? And would I need to extend the folder depth scans path in fsd,yes?

If you want FSD to swap discs, the DashLaunch Disk Swapper plugin must be disabled.

You need to set the scan depth based on how many folders you need to go through before you get to the files for a game - a scan depth of 4 should be fine.