RealModScene
timelesspa

xbox wont boot at all

basically l went to play on the xbox earlier and when l turned it on like l usually do (with my controller) it powered up but the there was no lights on the controller, furthermore the usual lights that circle the power button didnt show either, l just had the solid green light in the centre.now lve tried my previous xbox which still works fine (which is only flashed rather than hardware modded), however l did try a spare power brick, the lights show fine on it (orange when turned off green when turned on).lve also tried my old xbox on the HDMI cable which worked fine in addition l also tried the older scart cables which worked fine on my older xbox but got no picture out of my modded one. l cant think what else to try as the thing just wont boot as l get no red rings either.its annoying as lve only played on it like twice and lve only had the xbox for like 2 weeks from the modder (which l have contacted, tho awaiting reply.. just thought ld check to see if l missed any of the bases to check).

basically l went to play on the xbox earlier and when l turned it on like l usually do (with my controller) it powered up but the there was no lights on the controller, furthermore the usual lights that circle the power button didnt show either, l just had the solid green light in the centre. now lve tried my previous xbox which still works fine (which is only flashed rather than hardware modded), however l did try a spare power brick, the lights show fine on it (orange when turned off green when turned on). lve also tried my old xbox on the HDMI cable which worked fine in addition l also tried the older scart cables which worked fine on my older xbox but got no picture out of my modded one. l cant think what else to try as the thing just wont boot as l get no red rings either. its annoying as lve only played on it like twice and lve only had the xbox for like 2 weeks from the modder (which l have contacted, tho awaiting reply.. just thought ld check to see if l missed any of the bases to check).

Sometimes it takes more than a few minutes to boot up a hardware modded xbox, boot it up again and wait for sometime, im sure its nothing.

l am aware of that fact, however usually there would be other lights around the power led flashing also the controller which is wired wont start up the console any more. and while this would be my first rhg/jtagged console wouldnt my tv pick up the xbox even if its just a black screen? loading time however up till l last used it were under a minute.

a wire could have become loose from the cpld, CAREFULLY open the console and see if the wire are all still connected to the solder points.

Did you flash the NAND recently or anything like that ?

not touched the nand, everything was done for me apart from FSD installation, either way l managed to get hold of the modder who sold me the console.. tho l didnt want to waste more money lm sending it back to him so he can hopefully repair it.. tho lm guessing it might need to be reballed which l guess would be nice since it will possibly fix other eventual issues associated with RRODs.

let me know if you get dicked around getting it reballed,,i may be able to help you on that,,

heh would cost a bomb to send to Canada from the uk XD, actually the modder lm dealing with no is pretty good.. tho he doesnt do reballing, in fact this console has no history at all lm the first one to use it l was told and l must admit it looks brand new as l was told it had never been used before he modded it.while slightly annoying that it starting messing me around right when l wanted to play AC3 at least the modder l purchased off was more than willing to look at it for me, so sending it back will hopefully know whats wrong with it shortly.regardless l did buy a console a few weeks prior and was shafted by the seller who took my money and never sent the xbox, something did sorta tell me that the price was too good to be true, so l was £53 out of pocket due to the ass Ddsdavey (l have his email address as well) so l decided to deal with the guys at team-xecuter instead of through gumtree :/

I am in the UK and I don't mind taking a look at the console for you.

lol, thats ok. in fact you already know who l purchased from ;) (l go by Auroken on Team-Xecuter, if l remember correctly you offered me a slim, which l should prolly have taken you up on lol as lm told falcons are error prone tho zephyrs are worse). either way lm hoping the problem is fixable.. main reason for this thread and the few others l made at various modding forums was to acquire a little more knowledge and see if there was something l may have missed and could try. but l believe l covered all the bases :/

lol, thats ok. in fact you already know who l purchased from ;) (l go by Auroken on Team-Xecuter, if l remember correctly you offered me a slim, which l should prolly have taken you up on lol as lm told falcons are error prone tho zephyrs are worse). either way lm hoping the problem is fixable.. main reason for this thread and the few others l made at various modding forums was to acquire a little more knowledge and see if there was something l may have missed and could try. but l believe l covered all the bases :/

The person who sold the console to you is a friend of mine and he will make sure everything is running as it should be.

yeah he has been amazing so far, even put up with my silly questions :p tho lm told its unlikely it needs reballing as the console was still sealed in its original packaging which was a lucky find, will have to wait and see tho hopefully l'll have some updates tomorrow or over the weekend, all goes well lm contemplating offering to help with the postage back given lve got some extra funds to do that with :/

just an update, the person l got it from says its completely kaput.. even went as far as saying its extremely strange.. from what l do know the issue is likely power related which would make more sense considering we recently had a pretty intensive thunderstorm the day before l decided l wanted to play on it. really appreciate all the modder has done to help me. tho now lm back to needing a new xbox :/problem is have l just lost my money? as it leaves me £150 out of pocket (ddsdavey took my money and ran and the second xbox that l did get suffered weather damage).

l just had an interesting thought, l manage my own router etc.. given a full list of live urls and or IPs xbox live uses for updates and such l could ban the IPs/domains themselves completely from being accessed completely which would theoretically block updates completely from being downloaded, if so a definitive list would be quite an interesting find.

accidentally replied to wrong topic lol, regardless how do l open up dashlaunch? l have fsd installed to the xbox hard drive lm told l should be able to open it from the fsd folder but lm not sure where l open it from.that being said the only thing l did when installing fsd was configure where the launch.ini was placed is live block and update blocking enabled by default?

If it is a phat console, I suggest removing R6T3 instead: http://www.free60.org/R6T3.

If you ever decide to take the console back to a retail state, the resistor will need replacing or you will get E80 when an update is attempted (it's a 10K resistor).

lve set parental controls to block everything that notes anything to do with xbox live and live account creation, also ran dashlaunch to check settings and it seems it had live blocking set as a standard option already when l originally installed FSD.