RealModScene
hansolo77

Having trouble with LiNK (Yes another one)

First of all, let me run through the basics: 

• Are you using the default skin ?  YES
  • Are you using the most recent kernel and dashlaunch ?  YES
  • Did you cold boot (power console completely off and then back on again) ?  YES MANY TIMES
  • Have you tried deleting the plugin, cold booting, then re downloading the plugin update and cold booting again ?  NO
  • Have you checked settings to make sure LiNK is enabled ?  YES
  • have you tried re linking your console with your JQE360 account ?  NOT RE-LINKING BUT IT IS LINKED
  • Have you installed the missing avatar/kinect data ($SystemUpdate) ?  YES
  • Have you checked your dashlaunch settings (pingpatch on, devlink off)  YES
  • Are you running the latest TU ?  YES
  • Are you running any other plugins? If so disable them (dashlaunch plugins like xbdm.xex)  NO
  • Is there a space in your jqe360.com username or in your gamer tag ? If so remove it.  NO
  • Have you tried resetting your link.jqe360.com api key and then re linking you console with your account ?  NO

Now for my situation.  I just RGH'd my brother's Xbox yesterday.  It boots fine, and everything.  I installed FS3 and Dashlaunch using a burned disc of the installer, making sure to select to remove existing install (not necessary) and to download the latest version.  I created a new email account for him on yahoo that I could access.  I then created a new JQE360 account for him.  I entered this information into the Xbox, and it DOES authenticate.  I then went to the FS3PLUGIN area and configured his ports.  I then matched those ports in my own router.  Ran the test, and everything passes exactly like it should.  I then copied CoD:BO2 to his hard drive.  I chose this game because it's clearly the most popular, and a good place to start.  I then used FS3's built in downloader to get all of the updates.  I then enabled the most recent (12) title update and launched the game.  Once on the menu, I can press the GUIDE button and see people in the main lobby of the game (32 of 32 people) and then switched to the first public lobby (22 of 32 people).  I can then go into the System Link menu on the game and see 2 or 3 other games currently being played.  I select one and press A to join it.  Nothing happens.  After about 10 seconds of waiting, the screen returns to the menu and says there was an error joining.  I'm not sure what is causing the delay.  When I play this game on my OWN Xbox, it's pretty fast.  Everything looks ok, as far as passing the tests, and the account being activated.  So what have I missed?  I'm not a newbie, even though I might sound like one.  I was here when the first beta of LiNK came out and had it working fine on my box, and then with this latest version.  I'm pretty sure I KNOW what I'm doing.  I'm just totally lost now though because it SHOULD be working.  There's not really anything else to check.  Is there really a reason to re-download the plugin if it's working all the way up to seeing the games?  Also, the same for resetting the API, does this really need to happen if everything else is working?  Those are the only things in the questions above I'm missing.

do you have DMZ opened on your xbox ip and not on his. I know you can only have it opened on one.

go through your router settings and make sure your config matches his, make sure port forwarding and all that is enabled.

each xbox needs its own ports for link.

His xbox is timing out on the connection therefore the real reason is on his xbox, and his connection to the internet,

• Like 1

I'm an idiot.  That's typically how it is.  I KNEW I had done everything right.  Turns out I had changed the ports in the F3PLUGIN so it would route his traffic to his xbox instead of clashing with mine (which was the default ports).  What I ended up doing was having BOTH ports set the same.  The data AND broadcast ports were identical.  I just did a quick fix and then tried it again, works great now.  Now I can rest easy knowing that when he finally comes to pick it up to take back home with him, everything will work like it should.

Thanks though for a quick reply.  I really didn't expect anything so soon.  :)

• Like 1