RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
briggs01

f3installer stuck

hi guys i am new to this site , i have done loads of rgh and r-jtags now , but never installed fsd before i have always left it to the customer , i have got f3installer on my r-jtag now , it shows up in games , i have got to the install screen , click download latest , click start but it doesnt seem to do anything else it just stays on the downloading update info screen , any ideas please

use XEX Loader or something, and FTP the files over. Thats what I normally do :)

Once you've done that, load dashlaunch (latest) and set default to the default.xex of the FSD folder

sorry mate you have lost me , this is my first time , i have watched vids and i have done everything that is on the vid but nothing happens lol

Download xex menu , Should popup into games aswell, then copy the freestyle files to a flashdrive , go into xex , brose until you get to the folder you put fsd in, start the xex file in that folder , download dashlaunch , set the paths , next time you relog, fsd starts as a default if i set the path in dashlaunch , Just google this i type, i was lost as you when i first had my jtag xD but i managed to figure it out :) Good luck :)

• Like 1

just checking one thing , when i wrote my nand , in jrunner i check dashlaunch patches but was advised not to check include launch ini , is that correct what you guys do  , i have put f3installer onto a usb stick and copied it to hard drives in games  clicked on it to run but i cant understand why it wont go past that screen , just like it does on the vid  

also i am finding it impossible to download fsd3 every time i do i get an error stating its damaged or something

but why do you have to download it over and over ? it would still be on ur pc lol , Dont run the installer in xbox , just copy the files over ( diffrent way of " installing " some people use ) then just load the xex file . and voila now ur in FSD

so i start with fsd files on usb stick yes , copy them over onto my hard drive into games yes , then what

oh and i only have f3installer on my computer not fsd3 , just downloaded it ok on my sons laptop , if i try to do anything on my computer i get bloody error , it wont even let me post pics up on tx lol

Do you got a older fsd ? If so you could use a file manager to help you with this

i have got fsd now and dashlaunch , i have read some tuts i am going to try and install them through exemenu

hi guys , i have installed fsd3 now but i have a small prob , i have gone into paths and it is set as default but it wont boot straight into fsd , i have to put it on button A or X which ever i choose for it to boot into fsd 

hi guys , i have installed fsd3 now but i have a small prob , i have gone into paths and it is set as default but it wont boot straight into fsd , i have to put it on button A or X which ever i choose for it to boot into fsd 

What does the "Default" line in launch.ini say?

An example would be "Default = Hdd:FSDdefault.xex".

sorry mate just looked in jrunner and noticed it doesnt, it says default usb freestyle  , but i thought that would not matter when i installed freestyle then went into paths in dashlaunch and set it in there

sorry for the stupid question but you know this is my first time with fsd , does this mean i have to hook up my nand x again and reflash my nand , with ini set as Default = Hdd:FSDdefault.xex". 

sorted it mate just replaced the ini in on my hdd and bingo boots into fsd

Good stuff!

It was probably caused by the "Default" line pointing to a directory/XEX that didn't exist.

By the way, I wondered WTF you were talking about when I got your PM on TX and then I realised lol :D.