RealModScene
Senoue

Network problems

Hello, I've been having this problem for a few days now. Ever since I updated to 735, my network has stopped working. Well, it sort of works, some times when I continuously turn off and on but that only works for a few moments to set up my clock automatically. I can't FTP or anything because it never stays connected. Not sure if it is because I updated or because Dashlaunch is updated. I checked the ethernet cable and it is fine. Are there specific things I need enabled on Dashlaunch or is my xbox just broken?

Sounds like a cheap router.

If your using a router supplied by your internet service provider, you may find it better to get your own router and plug it into it (if you can't change it).

The only thing you could try is to make sure your xbox gets the IP automatically from the router. If your xbox needs a pernament IP, configure it in the rotuer, not on the xbox.

Try a different ethernet cable

How would I configure an IP for the xbox in the router? It's a Netgear router. And I've had it on automatic for a while, when I got it working for a brief moment, I had it on manuel. I am not sure what to do anymore honestly.

Google it or look at the manual.

You could power off the router (Disconnect all leads), power off pc, power of xbox, make a cup of tea or give it at least 60 seconds, then set it all up again.

Let the xbox get an automatic ip, then connect to it and try upload a big file.

XBOX terminates the ftp connection after 5mins of idle or so. This is pretty standard for anything.

I tried that, and there is good news. After a while, it connected. But only when it was on retail and if I was on network settings. As soon as I left network settings, it disconnected. Does that mean there is a setting that is wrong somewhere?

I tried that, and there is good news. After a while, it connected. But only when it was on retail and if I was on network settings. As soon as I left network settings, it disconnected. Does that mean there is a setting that is wrong somewhere?

Sounds like Interfearance.

Are you using an xbox 360 slim? or the old phat xboxes?

Can you take a pic of your xbox and router ( if they're close together ) and post it up?

The playstation 2 game sitting next to your xbox is the problem. Playstation games cause severe interferences for xbox consoles.

If that doesn't solve it, try moving the ethernet wire, it looks tangled up amonst other wires, maybe another wire is causing interfarance (unlikly but possible), and clean up while your at it :thumbup:

I actually immediately cleaned up after posting but there is still no real fix for it lol. Sorta hard to keep my desk clean when my brothers keep using it for their own shenanigans. 

Trying a different ethernet cable possible? Make sure its a "Straight-Through" Ethernet Cable and not a "Cross-over"

PS. You have the same digital camera as me, dunno whats with the pink case but hey, what ever floats your boat.

The pink case is actually one of my brother's portable speakers. The camera is pretty great though. I've tried with the extra ethernet cables I have in reserve, but to no avail. 

It might be "Maganic" interference.

See where your ethernet is going into the xbox, see the position of your hard drive, see that black part.. thats a magnet.
You need to immediatly move it (Try get a caddy for it) it may be too late, you may have damaged your ethernet.

Posted Image

I moved it, and now it stays connected to the router, but it still does not get it' own IP in FSD.

Edit: Now it works sometimes. Like just now until I started a game, it was connected. But that was like for only 3 minutes.

I moved it, and now it stays connected to the router, but it still does not get it' own IP in FSD.

Power off xbox, disconnect ethernet.

Disconnect power/ethernets from the router, give it 15 seconds, put cables back in, power on router, give it 60 seconds to boot up and get going.

Plug ethernet into xbox, power it on. Should have its own IP. If not, assign it one via the router admin page.

Didn't work, starting to feel like the xbox just hates me. I found an X-Over ethernet cable. IS there anything I can do with that as an alternate solution?

Cross over is only for between xbox to xbox, pc to xbox, pc to pc, etc...

Router to XBOX, router to PC, must be a Straight Through

Err. This is a very weird problem. Each time I do a reset on the xbox and router, it connects to the internet only when it is booting to get the correct time and date.

The Xbox. It only gets the time and date then it disconnects and stays disconnected until I keep being persistent 

The Xbox. It only gets the time and date then it disconnects and stays disconnected until I keep being persistent

Its FSD getting the Date & Time.Try installing FSD again, make a folder called test on your hdd so your not affecting your proper FSD.Also, can you try the wireless network adapter (If your able to get one, borrow, or have one lying around)