RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Tomerv32

Aurora stopped working

Hey!
new here, I need some assistance with my nephew's Xbox 360.
we bought it second-hand a few years ago, and everything worked perfectly until last week -
when he turns it on, it seems like the original software is loading and not the "FreeStyle" home, and he can't find any of his games.

I remember I used to find the "Freestyle" home button on the main menu, and now I can't find it anywhere.

We are using an external HDD, and it doesn't seem to be faulty (checked with HDDSentinel - 100% health).
as far as I know, the Xbox isn't connected to the internet or to any Microsoft account.

HDD is set to FAT32 file system,
files inside:
(111 is the games folder, DL has only default.xex file inside)
image.png.cb585fb8f76ae7d1bc31bfd5cabd754a.png

and the launch.ini is also attached.

I've tried searching online but I haven't found anything similar, or I'm just not looking for the right problem :)
I've tried copying some folder, without the games, to another HDD, but it didn't help.
any ideas on what could cause it to suddenly stop working?

Thanks for any assistance :)

launch.ini

I have downloaded and readed your launch.ini.  Do your Xbox360 auto launch Aurora in boot everytime? Don't you want this? Editing launch.ini,  change "Default = Usb:\aurora444\Aurora.xex" to "Default = Usb:\FreeStyle\default.xex", maybe it will launch FreeStyle in boot.

Thanks for helping out :)

I think the issue is related to the internal 4GB storage, it doesn't show up at all in the "storage" menu.
Is the internal storage required once the aurora/freestyle is already installed?

You said "I remember I used to find the 'Freestyle' home button on the main menu". Is the "main menu" meaning "My Games" ? (be like the image below)

IMG_0948.thumb.jpg.ee08196d798cfb3e64e29ce5b590537b.jpg

If it is, I think there was a quickboot of Freestyle in the internal 4GB storage. (hdd1:\Content\0000000000000000\C0DE9999\00080000)

18 hours ago, Tomerv32 said:

Thanks for helping out :)

I think the issue is related to the internal 4GB storage, it doesn't show up at all in the "storage" menu.
Is the internal storage required once the aurora/freestyle is already installed?

that is not the issue.. now what kind of console is it??

or do you just not know??

there are motherboard identification charts around on google..

now.. as for a solution:

get xexmenu LIVE version.. and transfer it via USB to the internal HDD. this will give you a failsafe to get back to whatever you need from STOCK dash.

your current launch.ini is set for AURORA, and not FSD..

ALSO, it could be nephew accidently uninstalled dashlaunch.. which again, SIMPLE fix.. just use the xexmenu "live" version (it will show up as a demo game on stock dash) and run the default.xex inside the DL folder, and within that you can set either FSD or aurora again.

your external filesystem is fine.. the issue seems to me, that dashlaunch was uninstalled by accident, as it DID boot into the custom dashboard previously, but does not now.

EDIT: another possible solution, someone deleted the aurora.xex and that is why it is no longer booting to the designated dash if dashlaunch was NOT uninstalled.