RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
JohnWestBear

DVD Extract

Afternoon Guys

Quick question really and I'm sure someone can answer this. I have a couple of games that I have backed up onto an External HDD and when I viewed them on OSX (Not Windows, athough I have checked and it seems fine), they are showing as locked files.

I have another 360 which I am thinking about putting FS on as well, can I use the extracted games on the HDD on that console as well without any issues?

i.e if something went wrong with console A I could plug the HDD into console B and the games would still work OK? or do they only work on the console that originally done the extract? I don't want to download any games as my Internet can't handle things like that! I live in the middle of no where and can only just get a 2mb line!

btw these are all legitimate backups not copies. I just have a clumsy mrs who uses the discs as coasters sometimes and it peeved me off to get FS on there and hide the games away! :-)

made some reading found what you need to know first and what u forgot mentioning :p

extracted dvd is called : jtag rip    meaning its extracted iso with whole files no changes, You can remove unwanted files - not only $systemupdate or languages, but also cinematics, movies.

GOD is aswell jtag rip but : while using for example iso2god, it rips/deletes those uneeded editable files, meaning theres no way back to iso ever again.

so what i would do in you situation :

1. somehow copy whole extracted games to your pc.

2. find yourself god2iso (since you have whole original files) you can restore iso.

3. then convert back again with iso2god lol 

4. since you havent mentioned what type of files you got inside External HDD (backed up ones)

5. copy games, set paths, scan and play good luck. 

they are showing as locked files.

i think at this point google will help, on editing locked files, but i think you should be fine copying them on your pc.

7. good luck, and update this thread if anything went wrong lol.

ps. litteraly your able to play them :) but since iam using gods for extracted ones i dont know never tryed :blushing:

You can copy all those games to your internal HDD, I don't think there should be any problem. If they're backed up as an Iso image you could just convert them to a GOD container with Iso2God or just extract the Iso with an Iso extractor. If they're already converted just copy them to your HDD with an USB drive formated as a FAT32 partition so FSD can pick it up.

P.S. what do you mean by "locked"?

Sorry. If it wasn't clear.

I just run the games as extracted .iso files in folders anyways so I don't need to extract to GOD files.

I think they are .dat files that are locked when extracted, but show as locked on the mac only. I know I don't need edit these however my thinking was that if I tried these on another console in the same format they may play up a bit?

To be honest storage isn't an issue for me. I have a 12TB system that is no where near being full. I am just backing up my existing games at the moment. I was just wondering if anyone had literally just ripped (or extracted as its worded on FSD) a disc and then tried to use the extract (without any sort of editing) on another RGH / JTAG console. I can't see it being an issue, just wondered if anyone had tried it??

12 TB?? Well F me that's alot of space LOL. I can't even fill up my 3 TB one. Well since there are Pirated rips floating the Web I don't see why your rip wouldn't work on another modded console.

Lol Yeah I know its a hot swappable stack hence the space. Was an amazon job worth the monies.

Yeah the rips could have been done through XBC or something similar to this. I know its a bit of an unusal question. But I have another xbox that will soon be running a tx Demon and if I rip discs on one I was wondering if they would work fine on the other, without having to get all the discs back out again to copy them.

I'm a little bit confused here. So you're asking if a rip made on a let's say console A would work on another console B without the use of a disc?

if you inserted disk and picked "dvd extract" with all of them then you got full god format. without any cuting edges. (witch is not big diference only on size, with my suggestion you can save up space to be honest but its up to you :) )

so copying or using same hard drive and setting correctly game paths will work. dont forget everything that involves : up to date phrase

I'm a little bit confused here. So you're asking if a rip made on a let's say console A would work on another console B without the use of a disc?

Well if Console A Ripped the Disc through FSD and its saved onto a USB HDD. Then I went to Console B and plugged the USB Hard Drive in to that (Which also has FSD installed). Would it Work.

if you inserted disk and picked "dvd extract" with all of them then you got full god format. without any cuting edges. (witch is not big diference only on size, with my suggestion you can save up space to be honest but its up to you :) )

so copying or using same hard drive and setting correctly game paths will work. dont forget everything that involves : up to date phrase

Thank you.

So be default any rips made through FSD will work on any other console with FSD installed.

:)

I'm a little bit confused here. So you're asking if a rip made on a let's say console A would work on another console B without the use of a disc?Well if Console A Ripped the Disc through FSD and its saved onto a USB HDD. Then I went to Console B and plugged the USB Hard Drive in to that (Which also has FSD installed). Would it Work.

I thought I answered this, but it seems not directly enough :SYes the game will work on any modified console. The pirated copies that are uploaded online work on the same principle.

Sorry you did. It's been a long day that last sentence was supposed to sayIt would work......Not would it work.

Don't sweat it! :pEdit: And to answer your second question aswell, a game that has been ripped via FSD will work on any other consoles with FSD. But keep in mind the updates you may have to apply to your other console in order to play your desired game with no issues i.e. Avatar Data, Dashlaunch, the latest version of FSD etc.