RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
woggleton

RGH HDD Upgrade..Lost profile?

Okay somehow when swapping out my 500gb HDD for a 1TB Ive lost my main avatar/profile.Whats odd is two profiles remain from ftp'ing the following folders across in a fresh install of FSD 3.075 on my slim RGH box:GameHdd1.When I explore Hdd1/content/0000000000000  I see three folders i.e E00004DE8D6B69B8 etc etcExploring the contents of these three folders I find a subfolders calledFFFE07D1/00010000 with a file E00006C38D6B69B8 or similar.If I drag the above files into Horizon it brings back a profile, great.The main profile I need back has the file xexloader.bin in the folder instead of the above file?The problem is that I moved my main profile off the 500gb onto the 1tb, then forgot about it before formatting it?Is my main profile recoverable somehow from my above backup?  I have no idea where it could be located?P.S I have never been on live. 

Hdd1/content/

is the location of your profiles, copy the folders in this drectory over (you can leave out 0000000000000000)

Hdd1/content/

is the location of your profiles, copy the folders in this drectory over (you can leave out 0000000000000000)

Hey JPizzle,

Yes I've done that.  But only two of the three profiles show up?

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x46/Rank_Outsider/Capture-2.jpg

In the above picture there are three folders varying in size?  I assumed that the files as below link contains the profile information?

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x46/Rank_Outsider/Capture1.jpg

If I drag these files into horizon they show the profile.  The 528mb folder when expanded has no such file only the below?

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x46/Rank_Outsider/Capture2-1.jpg

maybe you moved it to MU or USB ?

Easiest way to move a profile is to format a USB thumb drive with the xbox and then in the settings area move your profile to that USB, plug into new xbox and move to hdd

Yes, indeed I did.  I moved it from the 500gb onto a USB.  Installed it to the 1TB then ended up formatting both devices pissing about?

I still have a full backup of the 500gb drive on a portable HDD.  So thereotically somewhere on my portable backup drive are three profiles?  I just can only seem to find two?  Or rather two only show up when copied back to the new 1TB on the xbox?

is it a live account?,cant you go on a live safe box,grab it put on usb then bang it over,maybe you lost it somehow in the formatting?,ive only ever done it once and that was the way jpizzle said with thumb drive.

is it a live account?,cant you go on a live safe box,grab it put on usb then bang it over,maybe you lost it somehow in the formatting?,ive only ever done it once and that was the way jpizzle said with thumb drive.

Hello,

No.  Ive never gone on live with my RGH.  Everything is offline.