RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
wuzizname

4gb slim with 1TB external HDD, how have save game data on external?

Hey guys, you're always awesome to help so thought I'd give you a shot.

Have the 4gb internal memory unit. My 4th xbox after cooking all the others. Have a 1TB externall HDD with freestyle 3 installed and a bunch of games. Only problem is, the system will only put my profile and saved games on the wimpy 4gb internal which is quickly running out of space.

So, how does one have the system save onto my external? Obviously I could re-format the drive and let the xbox format the measly 32GB of space onto it, but this will wipe my drive which I don't really want to do.

Specs-

Slim 4gb internal MU
RGH II hacked
1tb external HDD formatted FAT32
Dash launcher 3.5 installed for 16224 or whatever 1622...
System boots to FSD 3 on external
System saves games, TU, and profile on wimpy internal 4gb MU  

I've formatted an 8GB thumbstick with the M$ system dash, just to see what it does. Only difference I can see is it creates a hidden folder called XBOX360 or something. Would it be as simple as creating a hidden folder on my FAT32 external???

Any help, links to tuts, would be super appreciated. I've come up with nothing, and I don't want to buy more internal storage for the system when I have so much sitting beside it!

Thanks in advance,

W?

try "customize" instead of "configure now".that wont format your hdd.

Do you know, you say "try", if I wipe all the games I have ripped, I'd be a real sad dude!