RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
supra

Cannot use regular system link in FreeStyle3 rev402

Hello,

I've been trying tonight to connect my two RGH boxes tonight for a system link game. Both were initially on FSD3 r.402, Dashlaunch 3.04, and had pingpatch and devlink enabled in their launch.ini.

What I've found is that it seems impossible to connect via regular system link on FSD3 r.402, whether devlink is enabled or not. I have tried disabling LiNK from the settings menu, but neither box can see the other in this configuration.

This lead me to revert to the previous FSD3 and it seems as long as both boxes have devlink both on or both off, it is possible for them to see and connect to each other.

Back in FSD3 rev 402, with devlink enabled, using LiNK, neither box can see each other but can both join servers hosted elsewhere.

Both boxes are using ports 3071 & 3072 and both pass all tests.

Is it possible for either A) two boxes on the same network to connect to each other in LiNK, or B) for regular system link games to function in FSD3 rev 402?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sorry, forgot to mention that.

Each box has a unique jqe360.com account and they are both hard wired into the same router.

Sorry, forgot to mention that.

Each box has a unique jqe360.com account and they are both hard wired into the same router.

have you tried different ports for each? I'm assuming they have diff IP addresses

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I have only tried xbox 1 on 3071 & 3072 - xbox 2 3073 & 3074. But no joy. Is there another pair that are know to be reliable?

Just tried with box1 on 3071 & 3072 - box2 on 1000 & 1001. All ports forwarded and tests pass. Can see each other in rooms on LiNK but not able to join lobbies hosted by each other. Again, joining lobbies hosted by others is fine for both boxes.

EDIT: Scratch that, after a reset of first box, can now see and join games.

Is there any likelihood of regular system link being workable in FSD3 r402? As without using LiNK, it is still impossible for 2 boxes on the same network to see each other's games.

Are there specific ports (I heard 8062) that could be forwarded to re--enable system link play?

It seems a bit bizarre to have to use an older version of FSD when i just want to have a local lan party.

Just tried with box1 on 3071 & 3072 - box2 on 1000 & 1001. All ports forwarded and tests pass. Can see each other in rooms on LiNK but not able to join lobbies hosted by each other. Again, joining lobbies hosted by others is fine for both boxes.

EDIT: Scratch that, after a reset of first box, can now see and join games.

Is there any likelihood of regular system link being workable in FSD3 r402? As without using LiNK, it is still impossible for 2 boxes on the same network to see each other's games.

Are there specific ports (I heard 8062) that could be forwarded to re--enable system link play?

It seems a bit bizarre to have to use an older version of FSD when i just want to have a local lan party.

Hello , i already answered your question ....

1) i use two xbox on the same local network ( xbox1 and XBOX2) and i want to play LiNK on both at the same time

Can xbox1 join a game from xbox2 : NO

Can xbox2 join a game from xbox1 : NO

Can xbox1 and xbox2 join a game form an external host : YES ( tested on BO2 , not working on Blur )

2) i have a xbox and i want to be able to play LiNK or Xbslink ( or xlink kai ) whenever i want

a) easiest solution

- disable devlink in dashlaunch

- go to FSD/ general settings / plugin settings / and unload FSD plugin

BEWARE : unloading FSD plugin will cause your xbox to crash when using guide button

B) best solution

- install another instance of FSD ( previous version before LiNK ) ton hdd1

- modify your launch.ini to be able to boot to the other instance of FSD

Hope it will help you ....

Best regards , Jéjé le tech

Hello , i already answered your question ....

1) i use two xbox on the same local network ( xbox1 and XBOX2) and i want to play LiNK on both at the same time

Can xbox1 join a game from xbox2 : NO

Can xbox2 join a game from xbox1 : NO

Can xbox1 and xbox2 join a game form an external host : YES ( tested on BO2 , not working on Blur )

2) i have a xbox and i want to be able to play LiNK or Xbslink ( or xlink kai ) whenever i want

a) easiest solution

- disable devlink in dashlaunch

- go to FSD/ general settings / plugin settings / and unload FSD plugin

BEWARE : unloading FSD plugin will cause your xbox to crash when using guide button

B) best solution

- install another instance of FSD ( previous version before LiNK ) ton hdd1

- modify your launch.ini to be able to boot to the other instance of FSD

Hope it will help you ....

Best regards , Jéjé le tech

Hi, I came to the same conclusion last night. Hopefully the devs won't forget that some of us still want to be able to use sys link as well as LiNK as they improve FSD further.

Thanks!

I got the same problem... but I solved it installing the previous relase in my hdd, but now I can't play any Halo (3, Reach, Anniversay, 4) on my Local Network... that problem just affects to Halo, however I can play GOW 3 in the same Local Network without any problem, any sugestion?., Sry about my bad english.

Me too, I spent ages on Friday trying to figure this out before giving up and reinstalling the old FSD.

I don't intend to use Link much but would like to keep FSD up to date and have a system link session with about 10 mates each month so hopefully this will get sorted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

im getting trouble wit this link

i didnt have to forward any ports. my ip address on the xbox changes from 192.168.0.3 up to 192.168.0.8

when i test in f3 it all passes. i can load bo2 go to systemlink see game rooms. not many players but can see the rooms. when i click on a room it just g oes blank

gotta press X to refresh. then sometimes i will join a room then my xbox will shut off- any ideas? ive had one game from LiNK but it only lasted while then the host ended game

I found a simple work around for this problem, not sure if my settings cause my jtag not to boot Freestyle when I have a usb hdd plugged in but instead it boots straight to the ms metro dash, from here any game i load will work without any problem with a regular system link session, few niggles getting the right title updates in place on a few games but good night i had last night for the first time in years of never being able to get it to work.

Find a way to make freestyle not boot and job done! :)

I found a simple work around for this problem, not sure if my settings cause my jtag not to boot Freestyle when I have a usb hdd plugged in but instead it boots straight to the ms metro dash, from here any game i load will work without any problem with a regular system link session, few niggles getting the right title updates in place on a few games but good night i had last night for the first time in years of never being able to get it to work.

Find a way to make freestyle not boot and job done! :)

Not booting FSD causes the FSD plugin to not be loaded, same as if you disabled it ;)