RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
mrdude

weird cover crashing problem - after i uploaded covers to unity.

Today I uploaded 2 game covers I made in photoshop to unity - as the games never had cover already.

The games were JUJU and Battle Academy, Once they were available on the unity site I refreshed those games in Aurora. Now the covers show up but when I click on Preview - I get the following crash:

An unhandled exception has occurred. What would you like to do?

It never crashed until I put those covers on unity and refreshed my games to download the covers.

I just wonder that maybe I have put the covers in the wrong format or something and that's what's making the preview crash? I'm just letting you guys know incase it also happens to you.

Today I uploaded 2 game covers I made in photoshop to unity - as the games never had cover already.

The games were JUJU and Battle Academy, Once they were available on the unity site I refreshed those games in Aurora. Now the covers show up but when I click on Preview - I get the following crash:

An unhandled exception has occurred. What would you like to do?

It never crashed until I put those covers on unity and refreshed my games to download the covers.

I just wonder that maybe I have put the covers in the wrong format or something and that's what's making the preview crash? I'm just letting you guys know incase it also happens to you.

Upload your logs so we can look at the crashlog to figure out what's causing it... everytime this pops up there's a crashlog in Data/Logs/ this along with the stackdump or whatever it's called help us pinpoint the exact reason for the crash

Here's the logs,

I removed all previous logs - then crashed the box twice, it only crashes when I select the covers mentioned above - not with any of the other covers - and it just crashes when I select preview.

Logs.zip

Ok, so the log says the SS<TitleID>.asset and GC<TitleID>.asset are corrupt... can you send us those from the games you've had this problem with?

they're located here: Aurora/Data/GameData/<TitleID>_<RandomNumber>/<file>

Swizzy,

I fixed it by loading the database into SQLite expert and deleting those two games entries, I then repaired the database and reloaded Aurora - when I rescanned and picked those games up again, they worked fine.

I guess somehow my database got corrupted as that's the only thing I have changed.

It's not in the database, it's in those 2 files... can you please just send them to us so we can fix the exception?

Like i said, they're random for each new instance of the game...

Here you go m8, unrar these. I wasn't sure what files you wanted so I've sent them all fro those games in rar format - as it makes them much smaller than zip.

Swizzy.rar

Here you go m8, unrar these. I wasn't sure what files you wanted so I've sent them all fro those games in rar format - as it makes them much smaller than zip.

And these are from when it was crashing correct?

@ swizzy,

Yes they were the files from when It was crashing - a new set of files was created when I removed the entries from the database and rescanned.