RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
chriss179

Another title update issue.

Hi, i have another title update issue. I've been lucky enough to catch them alot in aurora. Since it is easy to say: It doesn't work! I'll try to explain what in my estimation lead to the point that so many of my title updates are not working. Ok... In FSD i have alot of title updates and i wanted to migrate them all to Aurora. Since you cannot just copy them from one folder to another i have uploaded all of them at once with 360 content manager which i believe uploads every title update to the hdd1\cache folder. This is where i believe the problem starts with many many games. Since many games put their title updates in the content\0x16\title_id\000b00000 directoy, there are thus 2x the same title update and aurora will no more check nor backup nor delete nor do anything with the real title update in the content directy. Even if in aurora's title update screen it knows exactly where to put it. It will not!

Anyways, i believe the explanation is such... But i have now deleted all the content.db and gameinfo and title updates and have a clean installation except for the settings.db since i just do a new scan and then i'm ready. So further examination into the issue now is impossible for me.. But lets just say i am unable to just install my title updates with 360 content manager. which would place them all in cache directory.

I believe this is a bug or at least flawed or inferior logic, since FSD knows how to handle this accordingly. Which is better.

Anyhow, problem solved.. clean install.... Too bad i thought it could be as easy as to just copy the title updates from one dash to another.

Hi, i have another title update issue. I've been lucky enough to catch them alot in aurora. Since it is easy to say: It doesn't work! I'll try to explain what in my estimation lead to the point that so many of my title updates are not working. Ok... In FSD i have alot of title updates and i wanted to migrate them all to Aurora. Since you cannot just copy them from one folder to another i have uploaded all of them at once with 360 content manager which i believe uploads every title update to the hdd1\cache folder. This is where i believe the problem starts with many many games. Since many games put their title updates in the content\0x16\title_id\000b00000 directoy, there are thus 2x the same title update and aurora will no more check nor backup nor delete nor do anything with the real title update in the content directy. Even if in aurora's title update screen it knows exactly where to put it. It will not!

Anyways, i believe the explanation is such... But i have now deleted all the content.db and gameinfo and title updates and have a clean installation except for the settings.db since i just do a new scan and then i'm ready. So further examination into the issue now is impossible for me.. But lets just say i am unable to just install my title updates with 360 content manager. which would place them all in cache directory.

I believe this is a bug or at least flawed or inferior logic, since FSD knows how to handle this accordingly. Which is better.

Anyhow, problem solved.. clean install.... Too bad i thought it could be as easy as to just copy the title updates from one dash to another.

You could do it by simply installing the TU's using FSD then booting into Aurora... Does FSD really know where they should be even if installed in the wrong folder?