RealModScene
TheGlow

Dishonored - Saves wont load until exit to FSD and reload

I hadn't played Dishonored since October.

I load it up, all is good. I play a couple hours and turn it off.

Later I load it back up and get this lovely error message,

"This save game was created on a later version of Dishonored. Please download any updates"

All of the saves from yesterday would cause this error, but any of my old October saves load fine.

There are no title updates for Dishonored, and I don't have any dlc, nor have I.

Here's the odd part, I exit back to FSD dashboard, then load up Dishonored and all my new saves work.

Tested this twice today as well, this morning and just now.

First load of Dishonored just wont let me load any of those saves. Exit to dash, reload, then works.

Even tried in gaem to sign out/back in with gamertag, same error.

Any idea what causes this or what side effects this may cause for any other games?

I hadn't touched my 360 in last few months, but was playing DmC no problem all week.

You sure there was no TU's?

FSD usually moves the TUs from the cache into its own folder, and when you load the game it doesnt load the TU at first until you exit and reload the game.

I've got this problem at the moment with TU's, some DLC on games like Oblivion are not working. When I upload the TU FSD moves it.

I do a title update search, none found.

And consideri nothing has changed in the last 3 months, besides updating the kernel and FSD to 3.

Also when I updated to FSD 3 I deleted the whole folder and redownloaded all title updates manually for each game.

Title updates change the version of the game,

I think its an F3, I never had this problem on FSD 2.2

I also have the same problem with Fable 2, when i load the game, it says the same thing, save created on newer version.

You know what you can try, format a USB pen on the xbox, move the game to it, use horizon to upload the TU, copy the save over to it too, disconnect your HDD, and see if the game save loads.

Thats odd. Everytime I checked for title updates, it said none. When I would hit Y for new ones, it wouldn't load or do anything.

I check it now, and there's a title update just sitting there.

Oh well, I just finished it anyways.