RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
mojojek

Can't copy files to Aurora - to many files?

Hello guys,

Does Aurora have any file limitation per one folder? I tried to copy all my MAME screenshots (4781 PNG files) but it copies only till letter "S" and nothing more. When I delete some files then I can copy more but it seems theres a limit and can't copy more files in one folder. Everything is working fine but I had to split MAME into to pieces (A-L and M-Z) to have all pics working.

I tried to FTP files using FileZilla or copy them from USB stick connected to console. Everytime got a copy error and log file.

Is there any way to have everything working in one MAME installation?

8 hours ago, mojojek said:

Hello guys,

Does Aurora have any file limitation per one folder? I tried to copy all my MAME screenshots (4781 PNG files) but it copies only till letter "S" and nothing more. When I delete some files then I can copy more but it seems theres a limit and can't copy more files in one folder. Everything is working fine but I had to split MAME into to pieces (A-L and M-Z) to have all pics working.

I tried to FTP files using FileZilla or copy them from USB stick connected to console. Everytime got a copy error and log file.

Is there any way to have everything working in one MAME installation?

Aurora, no.. the actual system.. maybe? Haven't specifically heard of one tho.. maybe post your pics and I can see for myself to reach this error??

Meaning upload your collection, not pix of the errors.. lol

Here are the links of screenshots set I wanted to copy (they should be in one folder). Tried to copy them to /Hdd1/Emulators/MAME (Aurora 0.7b).

screenshots

screenshots

By the way. Where could I find log file? Aurora said something about log file, generated somewhere.

4 hours ago, mojojek said:

Here are the links of screenshots set I wanted to copy (they should be in one folder). Tried to copy them to /Hdd1/Emulators/MAME (Aurora 0.7b).

screenshots

screenshots

By the way. Where could I find log file? Aurora said something about log file, generated somewhere.

The log would be in the data folder I believe.. 

Still got the problem with copying files 😕 Tried this time to copy Sega Genesis Plus emulator and got the same error (the same on both slims) by 95% transfer files. Emulator is working but lacks some roms. Tried on 2 different Slims with different HDDs (1TB and 250GB). The consoles have the same software installed Dashlaunch 3.19 + Aurora 0.7b (latest update)

7 hours ago, mojojek said:

Still got the problem with copying files 😕 Tried this time to copy Sega Genesis Plus emulator and got the same error (the same on both slims) by 95% transfer files. Emulator is working but lacks some roms. Tried on 2 different Slims with different HDDs (1TB and 250GB). The consoles have the same software installed Dashlaunch 3.19 + Aurora 0.7b (latest update)

there is a file limit of 4096 in each folder.. in reality, id say 4095 to not cause issues.. but i havent tested it out yet..

now this is only an issue to the fatx internal hdd.. you can easily use external hdd to bypass this

That makes sense but how about file names? I figured out that i can't copy some files till I change their names. Are there any special characters that cant be used? (comma?).

For example:

Addams Family, The (USA, Europe).png - critical transfer error (Filezilla)

The Addams Family.png - copied after name changing

RBI Baseball 93.png - critical error

RBI Baseball 94.png - copy success without any name changing

10 minutes ago, mojojek said:

That makes sense but how about file names? I figured out that i can't copy some files till I change their names. Are there any special characters that cant be used? (comma?).

For example:

Addams Family, The (USA, Europe).png - critical transfer error (Filezilla)

The Addams Family.png - copied after name changing

RBI Baseball 93.png - critical error

RBI Baseball 94.png - copy success without any name changing

There is a 42 character limit.. And most special characters wont work ... lol..

Commas, $, ect wont work.. it's the limitations of the fatx setup.. 

3 hours ago, mojojek said:

Whats wrong with "RBI Baseball 93.png"?

my guess would be with the file its self..

You have right. FTP for some reason messed the file. RBI Baseball is ok. It seems everything is clear now and I have to change the names one by one :(

Do You know any software or a good solution for this problem? Its pain in the ass to change manually 2000 files :D

On 11/12/2018 at 2:40 PM, mojojek said:

You have right. FTP for some reason messed the file. RBI Baseball is ok. It seems everything is clear now and I have to change the names one by one :(

Do You know any software or a good solution for this problem? Its pain in the ass to change manually 2000 files :D

Hiya, I had the same issue and wrote a python script to remove all the special characters from the roms. It is super easy to write something just Google around that you may find something ready to copy and paste.

On 3/30/2019 at 7:29 AM, H0ppus said:

Hiya, I had the same issue and wrote a python script to remove all the special characters from the roms. It is super easy to write something just Google around that you may find something ready to copy and paste.

There is also free programs that will as well..