RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Yadayada

Dumdumb can't launch Aurora

Hello, I'm kinda new to this kind of thing but I've succesfully installed FSD in the past and did the correct steps to install Aurora. Followed this guide just to be sure though  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mhP1sEG1OA
I cant seem to launch the dash, I just get a Game Error " The game couldnt start. Try downloading the game again"
I'm sure its something really simple I'm missing here as it seems most people get it to work right away.
Anyways I would really like any support i can get.
Best Regards! 

Hello, I'm kinda new to this kind of thing but I've succesfully installed FSD in the past and did the correct steps to install Aurora. Followed this guide just to be sure though  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mhP1sEG1OA
I cant seem to launch the dash, I just get a Game Error " The game couldnt start. Try downloading the game again"
I'm sure its something really simple I'm missing here as it seems most people get it to work right away.
Anyways I would really like any support i can get.
Best Regards! 

What kernel version are you running? Also what version of Dashlaunch?

Tell us a little about your setup and exactly what you tried.

You may have corrupt or missing files in the Aurora folder... Did you FTP it? If so you should use binary transfer mode instead off ascii or auto.

• Like 1

What kernel version are you running? Also what version of Dashlaunch?

Tell us a little about your setup and exactly what you tried.

You may have corrupt or missing files in the Aurora folder... Did you FTP it? If so you should use binary transfer mode instead off ascii or auto.

Thanks for answering!

My Kernel is 15574 and I used Dash Launch v3.15 which I installed for this purpose. I had Dash Launch v3.11 installed before. 

Yeah I used ftp and in Binary mode from a fat32 hdd. d9oA3x.png

Maybe I just should try with usb instead.

Thanks for answering!

My Kernel is 15574 and I used Dash Launch v3.15 which I installed for this purpose. I had Dash Launch v3.11 installed before. 

Yeah I used ftp and in Binary mode from a fat32 hdd. 

Maybe I just should try with usb instead.

You might be right on the edge of Aurora support with that old of a kernel. Try USB, if that doesn't work, you most likely will have to update your Kernel. For that, just look for any post Swizzy has made and click the kernel update link in his signature, that should give you what you need to know to get up to date. 

edit: Here is the update tutorial. You should really update to 17489 and DL 3.16 anyways, that way you can play newer games too.

• Like 1

You might be right on the edge of Aurora support with that old of a kernel. Try USB, if that doesn't work, you most likely will have to update your Kernel. For that, just look for any post Swizzy has made and click the kernel update link in his signature, that should give you what you need to know to get up to date. 

edit: Here is the update tutorial. You should really update to 17489 and DL 3.16 anyways, that way you can play newer games too.

Thanks I will try it and report back! 

• Like 2

Just got it working, thanks alot for your help I really appreciate it.
Is there a way to support things like this? I'll gladly donate!

• Like 2