RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
malim

External Fat32 Hard Drive not being recognised

I have an xbox without any internal storage, I tried plugging in my external 1TB hard drive that I've used before but it's saying 'Unformatted' and if I press 'Customise', it says the device isn't formatted or the format isn't recognised, ''to continue all content will be removed'', what do I do? I put xexmenu on a flash and even it can't see the external...

update your kernel to 17349 or later and it'll work as-is without the hidden virtual storage data

update your kernel to 17349 or later and it'll work as-is without the hidden virtual storage data

Hi Swizzy, it's on 17489

Hi Swizzy, it's on 17489

Add a folder named "Content" on it and it should show up as configured...

Add a folder named "Content" on it and it should show up as configured...

I found that the drive was marked as Logical, when I changed it to Primary it was detected, but now I have another problem... If I have the hdd connected and switch on the xbox, it doesn't boot into Aurora and if I try to boot xexmenu, then it crashes to nxe with a 'Fatal error intercepted', if I remove the hdd and launch xexmenu and then put in the hdd, then I am able to boot into aurora as normal. How do I fix this?

Do you have a launch.ini on the usb? A "Games" folder on the same device as XEXMenu can make it crash on load...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Do you have a launch.ini on the usb? A "Games" folder on the same device as XEXMenu can make it crash on load...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Ya I have, is it fine if the path is: Default = Usb:\Aurora\Aurora.xex?(no number after "Usb").

Which is the correct version of xexmenu? I see I have 1.2

EDIT. I got everything set up, thanks for the help :D