RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Gibn

Jrunner manual erase and remap

Hello,

I was wondering if there are tutorials on how to manually erase bad blocks and remap them?

i seem to always have problems with the bad blocks on my nand dumps and the building programs never seem to fix them

I don't believe you can "erase" a bad block. If you see something like this:

"Bad block found at ... Remapped to ..."

...Then this is the best you can do to "fix" it.

Until someone else can confirm my understanding is correct, I highly recommend you DO NOT try to "erase" them. Remember, messing with your NAND can cause serious damage if you're not careful.

Does JRunner not remap them for you? If JRunner isn't automatically remapping, then are the bad blocks in the first 50 blocks of your NAND?

first bad block is 277 . I have the proper keyvault , cpu key , I erased nand , i made image with noremap selected and wrote image with fusion and it said it remapped the block.

Ah. I asked because JRunner and Nandhealer don't automatically remap the first 50 blocks (MUST be done manually). Be thankful it's not in that area, lol

Out of curiosity, why did you use noremap? Was this done in a tutorial you found or something?

From the sounds of what you described, seems Xecuter Fusion noticed the noremap and remapped anyway. If it boots properly and you don't experience any errors, I would say there's no issue here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk