RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
juanii

TU not loading

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting TU's to load. I installed them directly from Aurora 0.5b, they downloaded just fine and they're activated. I did a search on this forum but I'm not experiencing any of the problems other users are reporting (e.g., deleted TU). I've already opened the content database and searched for the Title Id, Media Id, and base version for a couple of titles and their corresponding updates and they all match. The games run fine, but when I check in the WebUI or System LiNK screen the reported TU is 0. I don't know what else could be useful to diagnose the problem so please ask if I fell short of information.

Edit: Just found the table ActiveTitleUpdates in the settings database and the TU's are marked as active. Nothing new I guess since I see them active in the Aurora UI...

Edit 2: I see a pattern :) TUs with a LivePath starting with \Content\.... seem to work fine, but those with \Cache\ do not. I looked into the \Cache directory and found the update files for all the games I've already run, so I guess it's not an issue with missing files.

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Try clearing out cache

Thanks for the suggestion. I manually deleted the Cache directory and also tried the original dashboard's "Clear System Cache" (which I assume does the same thing) on both the internal memory and the external disk. After running the games, the Cache directory in the external disk was re-populated with update files, they still won't load :(

Does it show the TU as corrupt or not at all?

Excuse my ignorance, where should I see this 'corrupt' state? I don't think I've seen it neither in Aurora nor the WebUI.

Excuse my ignorance, where should I see this 'corrupt' state? I don't think I've seen it neither in Aurora nor the WebUI.

That'd be in NXE

That'd be in NXE

I'm afraid I can't or don't know how to do that. The only games displayed in NXE are those in the internal memory (arcades). If it's mandatory to move the game to the internal memory in order to be seen in NXE I simply can't do that because my console is a 4GB Corona and nothing fits in memory. If there's a way to show games in the external disk then I don't know how to do that.

In the meantime I kept reading the forums looking for similar issues and found this one. This guy says he managed to check with NXE that his updates are not corrupted and that none of his TU's work. This looks very much like my issue (except for the TU's which go into the \Content directory). My set of updates is really small, but from around 25 only 3 go into \Content and the rest go into \Cache. In my case every TU in \Content work as expected but none of the ones in \Cache will load.

Does Aurora take any part loading the TU or does it just copy the files to the correct place before launching the game? I'm asking because maybe there's some logging/debug output/anything else that can help diagnose the problem.

Regards

Aurora only copy the files to the location where they should go, from there the kernel loads the TU with the game

Aurora only copy the files to the location where they should go, from there the kernel loads the TU with the game

OK. I guess this thread doesn't belong here in Aurora support anymore, the TU files are in the Cache folder where they supposedly belong before the game is launched. Unless the file location is incorrect, it seems the issue is unrelated to Aurora. Whenever I have the chance I'll mess around with files locations and things like that.

Thanks for your support! I really appreciate it.