RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
jackhulk

Box covers missing for ConnectX games

Hello

I've recently set up ConnectX, and while all other assets are downloaded correctly, the game box cover remains missing. I've tried using the download missing assets option a number of times, but the game box covers simply do not download. I've also tried 'refreshing' directly within the game detail screen, but again cover won't download.

I understand I can 'Push to Xbox' via Unity, but as there is quite a lot of games, it would be good to figure this out. I had to use the download missing assets option for games stored on internal HDD a number of times, and eventually all assets downloaded, but this is not the case with games via ConnectX. Can you think of any reason why this is the case please?

Also I'm considering download trailers, but wondering the average size of the files and the exact path where they would be stored please?

Thank you

I had the same issue when starting to use ConnectX. What worked best for me was to go to the Options for each game and Refresh, then as quickly as possible exit out to the cover flow screen. I noticed that if I quickly exited out to the main screen after Refresh, it SEEMED like the cover art would download where it wouldn't previously. I still had several that did not download so I pushed them from Unity. 

Not sure if that will be much help, but just letting you know that I feel your pain. 

Thanks for your reply. Can you confirm please how you exit out of the cover flow screen, because as far as I can see the cover flow screen is the main screen is it not? Or do you mean exit out of the game options screen? I've never been able to get missing cover by refresh, and for me at least this options only makes things worst and it duplicates the screenshots.

One solution I have found is to continue to use the 'Get missing assess' option. Takes ages, but many 100's of button presses later, it gets most of the covers, but would be great if this could be fixed so first initial scan gets all covers (or most at least).

I was exiting the Game Options screen as quickly as possible, getting back to the Cover Flow screen. It seemed to work best for me. I din't have nearly as many missing covers though. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.