RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
cmundy79

Falcon will boot to xell but not the dash CR4 XL RGH2+

Hurro Everyone!!

I need a little help please... I've got  a Falcon 16mb board with a CR4 XL RGH2 installed .. it will boot to xell and all that but it will not boot to any dash.  I confirmed it's not a bad nand dump buy redummping (haha dump) the nand and then flashing through xell.  It chip will attempt to glitch over and over with nothing on the screen.

I'm using J-runner on the latest version , dash 17150 and I've tried others.  I've triple checked to make sure I had Glitch2 and CR4 checked off .. If I throw the original nand back on it boot fine.  I've read something about a special smc.bin that needs to be used with C4 RGH2 is that accurate?  I've done tons of rjtags before so I'm familiar with the process but I think I'm missing something here.  I don't have pics right now because I'm at work (yeah I know I should be working..) but I do have the log which I've attached.  If anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

• Like 1

I've attached the SMC's that may solve your problem...

They're made by Tydye81, all credits goes to him :)

Here's the info that came with them:

If you have issues with your Falcon/Opus or Jasper glitching then freezing before hitting dashboard, or if xell only works but won't boot dash. These files are for you especially. If you have erratic boot times these files may also help improve that. RGH2 users using chips other than the CR4 may also benefit from these files but I'm not sure how much, which is why I posted the files and was hoping to get some feedback so I can improve them. Please let me know if it helps or hurts or even just pisses you off

Basically in the CR4 we increased boot speeds by making the xbox reset a bit faster. Because of the varying times in boot speed between xboxes, sometimes they are not able to completely make it to the dashboard before it times out and resets which either makes glitching stop and your stuck at a black screen, or it will just glitch forever.

You may still need to tweak the smc_config values after replacing your smc with these replacements. This has nothing to do with any of those values so feel free to experiment. I just wanted to get this out there to help people with issues.

Obviously since I've completely removed the speed increase you may notice a second or two slower times between glitches and I may release more files in the future that will bring it back but with a slightly longer timeout, but first I would like to get some feedback.

Instructions: Build nand as normal, swap SMC with provided:

Falcon/OPUS Alternate SMC:

smc_falcon_norst.rar

Jasper Alternate SMC:

smc_jasper_norst.rar

Unfortunately that didn't work.  I tired the new smc with several dashes.. no luck.  The post shows it glitches and continues on but then nothing happens.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated

Unfortunately that didn't work.  I tired the new smc with several dashes.. no luck.  The post shows it glitches and continues on but then nothing happens.  Any other suggestions would be appreciated

What does it halt on?

I believe it was START XM or XOM , I'm sorry I'm not at my computer right now.  After I wrote that last reply it would give me 1 red blinking light on the ROL .. tried with and without a HDD got a 79 error once too.  I think the board is F'd maybe?  I've got a jasper on the way so I guess I can wait.

Also.. all my solder points are great.. I'm using direct wire , no QSB

It'd be great if you could pastebin the post log, that'll help narrow things down...

Yo! , got it to work by switching to RJTAG instead.. couldn't get this thing to boot RGH2+ .. that's for all your help.

• Like 2