RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
frosz

What chip do I have? (Newbie!)

Hello!

I just got a chipped xbox 360 but I know no history. When I boot it up it starts "Freestyle 3", it has a few games on it. It has'nt been updated since 2010 from what I can see. I guess I need to update the kernel and dashboard to be able to play the latest games? And to update it I need to know what type of chip I have I guess?

I hope some one can give me some pointers.

Best regards

Hello!

I just got a chipped xbox 360 but I know no history. When I boot it up it starts "Freestyle 3", it has a few games on it. It has'nt been updated since 2010 from what I can see. I guess I need to update the kernel and dashboard to be able to play the latest games? And to update it I need to know what type of chip I have I guess?

I hope some one can give me some pointers.

Best regards

http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com/ this explains everything you should need to know...

xeBuild GUI is able to identify most motherboard models, the only one it cannot identify is Corona4g, but those you can easily identify by the dump size using Simple 360 NAND Flasher (48MB) or that it says it enters MMC mode

• Like 1

It's a a trinity with RGH, don't know what chip manufacture it is but I guess it doesn't matter if I want to update the dashboard. I want to update dashboard, dashlaunch and install aurora, is that the correct order? Planning to update dashboard to 17150.

My current dash is: FSD3 3.0 Rev58

My current kernel is: 2.0 14699.0

When I update dashboard will it also update the kernel, or is the kernel update a separate?

Is it any difference between jrunner and xeBuild, jrunner seems to have xeBuild included. The guide is from 2012 but maybe not much has changed since then?

Thank you in advance!

When you install the new dashboard by default you also have the new Dashlaunch, so those are combined in the same step, but yes you do also want to replace FSD with Aurora if you want to be in the future :)

The dashboard/kernel are the same thing on Xbox 360, atleast when it comes to NXE (The xbox 360 dashboard)

xeBuild GUI is the official GUI, both it and Jrunner uses xeBuild in the background (a commandline tool) Nothing has changed for many many years in how to do the update, the main thing that has changed is that there are newer better tools (Simple 360 NAND Flasher is much better then Flash360 and the likes as it'll save a log, get your cpukey (if your dashlaunch version is recent enough and you use the latest version which can be found on this forum)) other then that, there have been some additional patches added, but the basics are all still the same as before...