RealModScene
jo15765

Knowing Which Title Update

Can you look at a game save and know which Title Update the game save came from?  More specifically asking about Skyrim Elder Scrolls.

• Like 2

Well, if you reverse engineer the contents of the Savegame, and know which format each TU uses, then yes... otherwise no...

a.k.a. not likely to be possible...

GRRRR....my console blew up on me (not literally, figuratively).  And I had put in many man hours into playing and leveling my character.  I now have a SLIM and I pulled my save from my 'broken box' hard drive and tried to play it on my SLIM.  However, I keep getting the error of "The save game was created on a later version of Skyrim. Please download any updates."

Is there a way 4 me to tell what Title Update I am on currently, on my SLIM?  And gradually increment 1 by 1 until I find the right one that my 'broken box' was on?

The easiest way is to just download the latest one and install that, you won't lose anything, it'll simply upgrade your savegame if it needs it...

Using FSD I had it download all the Title Updates for Skyrim, and I set TU 10 as active, but am still getting the error.

You don't need all, you only need the latest one, which i assume is TU10... keep in mind tho, this TU is latest that users submitted for your version of the game...

You can verify current TU by pressing the Guide button (if you have the FSD plugin loaded) and it should be displayed in the bottom right corner v>

If you can't see it there, you can also use the WebUI: http://<XboxIp>:9999/ to check TU version, replace <XboxIp> with the IP of your console, usually something like 192.168.0.100

I do not have the FSD Plugin installed (or if I do, I do not know that I do, haha), but I do boot by default at startup to FSD3.  So when I pressed the guide button, it popped up the NXE options of return to home etc.

In Chrome if I try to access http://192.168.5.102:9999/ (that's the IP of my XBOX) - I get an error of the page can not be displayed.

Maybe something I did was incorrect as the TU's that I initially downloaded didn't save.  So when I pressed Y from my game list and chose Title Updates and looked at Title Update Manger nothing is displayed, I have the option to re-download them again.  Which is what I did the 1st time, and I selected TU10 and pressed A to set to active.

Could location of the Title Update be the issue?  I noticed in FSD Title Update Manager that Version 3 is in this format TU_XXXXXXXXXXXXX but 4 on up are in this format tuXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

And I saw that depending on the name of the update determines where your XBOX saves the Title Update: beginning with TU_* go in the Cache folder and Title Updates beginning with TU* go in Content0000000000000000Media-ID000B0000.

Could that be plaguing me?  That I need the TU in my cache folder?

Sorry to bump this for now a 3rd time but that was exactly my issue, I had to place the Update in the Cache folder and now it is successful! 

• Like 1