RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
FaTaLiiTYz

freestyle help please

hi when i a, connected to my flashfxp i can see these:

flash, game, hdd1, hddx, sysext, usb0

now my question is this: the game folder above is fsd folder but when i installed fsd i always put it within the hdd1 folder called freestyle.

The game and freestyle folders have exactly the same contents so can i delete the above game folder and keep my freestyle one without issues?

Not sure why they are called two different names and why the game folder exists.

regards

hi when i a, connected to my flashfxp i can see these:

flash, game, hdd1, hddx, sysext, usb0

now my question is this: the game folder above is fsd folder but when i installed fsd i always put it within the hdd1 folder called freestyle.

The game and freestyle folders have exactly the same contents so can i delete the above game folder and keep my freestyle one without issues?

Not sure why they are called two different names and why the game folder exists.

regards

Do NOT touch the game folder in the FTP, that's as you probably already suspected the Freestyle folder on hdd1, it's a virtual directory used to make it easier for developers to handle loading files and shit, basically a developer opens "game:\file" and the kernel then says; ok... you want the file stored in "hdd1:\Freestyle\file", this way the developer don't have to know/worry about where the game (homebrew in this case) is loaded from

Do NOT touch the game folder in the FTP, that's as you probably already suspected the Freestyle folder on hdd1, it's a virtual directory used to make it easier for developers to handle loading files and shit, basically a developer opens "game:\file" and the kernel then says; ok... you want the file stored in "hdd1:\Freestyle\file", this way the developer don't have to know/worry about where the game (homebrew in this case) is loaded from

thanks for clearing that up for me.