RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
FaTaLiiTYz

Jtag External HD help Needed

hi, today i bought a 1 tb external 3.5 inch hard drive for my jtag, i put it in an enclosure with its own power supply, my problem is that any 360 game i transfer to it will not work and it throws me to the nxe db. Its formatted to fat32 and i set the correct paths.

I currently have a 2.5 inch 500gb external hd without any problems!!!!

I cannot figure out what i am doing wrong, any help needed please.

I think i posted this in another incorrect thread so sorry.

hi, today i bought a 1 tb external 3.5 inch hard drive for my jtag, i put it in an enclosure with its own power supply, my problem is that any 360 game i transfer to it will not work and it throws me to the nxe db. Its formatted to fat32 and i set the correct paths.

I currently have a 2.5 inch 500gb external hd without any problems!!!!

I cannot figure out what i am doing wrong, any help needed please.

What tool did you use to format it? i'd recommend using GUIFormat (google for it, first entry pretty much, ridgecorp something)

What format is your games in? can you do a hash check (hash before you transfer, hash when it's done transferring and compare the files)

I think i posted this in another incorrect thread so sorry.

You did, but i removed it ;)

sorry about that wrong post buddy

I used guiformat that i dl from here, all my games have been extracted using exiso so they are xex.

well im now transferring all my games from the 500gb to the 1tb so it will take around 16 hours

I did reset my data in fsd at some point after i was having these problems but then I started getting weird behaviour from fsd so i am doing a new install as we speak

I really cant understand why this is so difficult. if u need any more info let me know.

btw: not sure about the hash check?? I dont have the iso's anymore as i delete once the game is extracted. i have dl another 50 games this week so it cant be the xex at fault surely. regards

On the root of my 500gb ex hd i have the xbox 360 games folder and a launch ini, do i copy this ini to the new 1tb hd or will fsd create one when i have done my initial scans of all my new paths.

launch.ini needs to be copied, it's for Dashlaunch, it has nothing to do with FSD ;)

gonna need some more help guys.

transfered 125 games to my 1tb hd did a fresh install of fsd but games still wont launch, not even from the default xbe within filee manager either.

cant figure out whats wrong????

gonna need some more help guys.

transfered 125 games to my 1tb hd did a fresh install of fsd but games still wont launch, not even from the default xbe within filee manager either.

cant figure out whats wrong????

What exactly happens when you try?

it says the game cannot start and needs to be re installed. Go to xbox/support for help.

the hard drive does show in file manager and also when i press down the right thumb stick. I ve formatted it time after time to fat32 and reinstalled dl and fsd to no avail.

Works perfect on the pc, this has me bam boozled :(

maybe its a problem with the external hd caddy? it works upto 3tb hard drives, just a thought

Just replace the entry in dashlaunch and you've switched from fsd to aurora...

Could be, hard to say really...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Just replace the entry in dashlaunch and you've switched from fsd to aurora...

please explain swizzy, im on fsd 775

launch.ini is just a text file, open it in notepad and find the "default=" entry, change it to match the path to aurora :)

i tried a usb stick this morning and it worked so the problem is defo the hard drive itself or the caddy, i have decided to sell it on and buy a 1TB 2.5 instead.