RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
vurushi

Game error

When i open Forza Horizon 2 , Watch dogs or Plants vs Zombies 2 my X360 says "Game Error The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again"

How to fix this error?

When i open Forza Horizon 2 , Watch dogs or Plants vs Zombies 2 my X360 says "Game Error The game couldn't. Try downloading the game again"

How to fix this error?

Most likely it's an outdated kernel, try updating your console... Watch Dogs have some special instructions in this forum which you should check out aswell...

Make sure you have 2.0.16747.0 as your kernel and those games should work fine, not sure if PVZ works tho as it might be one of them LiVE only games...

Why 16747, can I ask? There are newer versions....

Because none of the newer versions have been officially updated by the xeBuild Team/cOz, and there's no need to etheir as 16756/16767 don't add anything new for games... it's all online crap that changed... if you want to use the unofficial patches for 16756 or 16767, be my guest... but don't come here asking for support with it if you do, many have used those and have had issues... (mainly with the patched dashlaunch, because the patch isn't 100% correct)

• Like 1

Ah right. Fair enough. Going to attempt a kernel update over the next couple of days. Really hoping I don't brick my 360...

If you follow this guide: http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com/ it should be safe, but only if you don't deviate from it... and... only use files linked to by the guide ;)

Managed to update to a higher version, but not 16747 (I've posted questions about that in the relevant threads), and it's worked. The error has gone away and I can now play Forza Horizon 2

Managed to update to a higher version, but not 16747 (I've posted questions about that in the relevant threads), and it's worked. The error has gone away and I can now play Forza Horizon 2

It's enough to ask in 1 thread, etheir way... as long as you download the latest version of xeBuild GUI (currentl 2.093) it should have everything you need for the latest version at the time of the release of that build, currently 16747

I'll check which version I've got, but I'm sure I got the latest one. There's a 16747 folder...

Edit

The highest version is 16547.

http://www.homebrew-connection.org/files/xbox/nand_builder/xeBuild_GUI/dl_xeBuild_GUI_2.093.rar <--- this is the latest version, it has 16747 i'm 100% sure of it as i'm the guy that made it ;)

Most likely it's an outdated kernel, try updating your console... Watch Dogs have some special instructions in this forum which you should check out aswell...

Make sure you have 2.0.16747.0 as your kernel and those games should work fine, not sure if PVZ works tho as it might be one of them LiVE only games...

I have 2.0.16203.0