RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
takuma98

How to test a headset in the RGH environment

I never used a headset in my console, and I already bought it RGH'ed. Is there any app or game I can test the headset?

I just made a quick test in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. While in the game, I can see my nick with 'speaker icon', while I'm talking I can see the icon indicating that I'm talking (showing waveforms), but I hear nothing. The icon also shows that my voice is coming out in full volume. I can hear the voices of the other people, but that is the correct way to work?I can't listen my own voice?

I made some tests in my PC and the overall volume from headset's microphone seens ok. But I didn't know if people are hearing me in game , COD BO2, for instance.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You don't hear yourself no... it's just plain stupid hearing your own echo ;) it's confusing...

If you want to know that ppl hear you, just ask them something, if you get a response, they hear you ;)

hey Swizzy, thanks for your fast reply

hmm I don't hear this echo from my voice you mentioned, but as I said the speaker icon was showing I was talking in a good volume.

I will follow your sugestion, although the last time I played COD BO2 I asked the host owner  "pleeease stop putting BOTs on the match" and he didn't stop. But that was maybe his decision, not a headset problem.

Well the most hosts dont care about that :p

If you should ever play COD Ghosts or Red Dead Redemption you need to activate the fakelive function in dashlaunch, and if you should play Black Ops 1 with a newer TU, you need to deactivate it, else it is freezing (you can still use the mic).