RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
ana

such a noob question (;

just got a messed up xbox phat from a friend he he tried to do an rgh. it is havin no chips soldered on anymore (;  if I m starting it up the only thing I can see onscreen is black! seems the console stocks in kind of a bootloop? does anyone know what I ve to do to get that console working again, do I have to read and write the nand again? 

just got a messed up xbox phat from a friend he he tried to do an rgh. it is havin no chips soldered on anymore (;  if I m starting it up the only thing I can see onscreen is black! seems the console stocks in kind of a bootloop? does anyone know what I ve to do to get that console working again, do I have to read and write the nand again?

Dump the nand and analyze what he did last, maybe it has the XeLL image only?

Also, check for shorts where you'd normally solder the chip...

that means I ve to solder back on a chip :huh:

what do u mean with shorts? 

that means I ve to solder back on a chip :huh:

what do u mean with shorts?

shorts... short circut... points connected to things they're not supposed to be connected to, commonly GND (ground)...

And no, you don't have to install a chip to dump it... the chip is to glitch/hack it...

ok I wil check all the solderpoints again. but how can I dump the nand without the rgh chip soldered on, do I not need it to connect  to the computer?

he ripped off anything, I dont even have a case for that console (; 

ok I wil check all the solderpoints again. but how can I dump the nand without the rgh chip soldered on, do I not need it to connect  to the computer?

he ripped off anything, I dont even have a case for that console (;

You need to connect it to your computer with a NAND-X or similar, but... that's NOT a RGH chip... the RGH Chip's job is ONLY to reset your CPU during the boot so that it f*cks up and says everything is ok when it's not :p

hahaha! yes then we misunderstood...but thats still this one or two chips I ve to solder beetween the naxd X and the xbox mainboard? sorry for that, like I said I m such a noob :unsure:  

hahaha! yes then we misunderstood...but thats still this one or two chips I ve to solder beetween the naxd X and the xbox mainboard? sorry for that, like I said I m such a noob :unsure:

With a NAND-X you get a cable you can cut off the pin-header off or the connectors and solder the wires as-is, or you can solder the pinheader/QSB, there's no chip required to read/write the nand of a Xbox 360