RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
f.pelosa

lot of questions

dear all,

I'm running FSD3.775 and have the following problems:

- these games just refuse to start:

XBLA: Batman Arkham City: White window pops up with a "Reinstall the game" message

XBLA: Scott Pilgrim: White window pops up with a "Reinstall the game" message

XBOX CLASSICS: Sid Meier's Pirates: FSD reboots with a "crash prevented" message (or something like that)

- no xbox live. When I try to connect, I get a "Your DNS can't resolve...". Impossible, as I have 3 PCs connected in the LAN and all of them can get anywhere.

- no XBOX360 connection: I get a "wrong credentials"

Any help on any of these topics (expecially the 1 one) are highly appreciated.

NB I've put the games in the XBOX HD via Filezilla. All other games work properly.

Thanks all

FP

What kernel version are you on? have you verified that the source for the game data is good?

About the Xbox Classic game, have you verified that it is indeed supported by Xbox 360 and that you have the Backwards Compatibility stuff installed?

how do I check the kernel version?

No I haven't any backward compatibility stuff installed.. can you point me to where I can find it?

Thanks a lot

You can find it in the "About/Credits" screen, or using the web interface (iirc) you can also exit out of FSD and check the dashboard version there instead...

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/35-how-to-play-xbox1-games-on-your-jtagrgh/ <--- here's a tutorial on how to install the Xbox Backwards Compatibility files... it's required for ALL classic Xbox games

so the kernel version is 2.016203.0

the dash version is 3.0b775

I'll try to get new files for the games that give problems. But I remember I tried already two versions of ScottPilgrim and both did not work. The symptom with this game is that nothing happens when you click 'A' to launch the game. The monitor freezes for a millisecond, then everything goes back no normal like you didn't press 'A'.

xbox live: as mentioned, there's no way to get in. I can download artworks and stuff for each game I add though, so network, connection, DNS and what not all should work properly.

There's one little detail I didn't mention though: when I opened the console to solder the modchip, I forgot to put the Wifi module in place. Of course I connect via cable now, as I'm to lazy to open up everything again, but everything should work nonetheless.

You need to update your kernel perhaps, 2.0.16203.0 is kinda old now ;) the latest version is 2.0.16747.0 (hacked, the latest official version is 2.0.16756.0 and it's not required yet anyways)

Dashlaunch is most likely blocking all Xbox Live DNS's for you (it's to save you from getting banned) a JTAG/RGH have nothing to do on Xbox Live anyways (you'll f*ck the game for everyone else)