RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
ScouserInExile

Incorrect HDD size problem

I've just swapped the 120Gb hard drive in my fat 360's hard drive caddy for a 500Gb one, plugged it into my 360 and formatted it, using the original format utility. Only problem now is: my Xbox things my hard drive is only 145Gb.

Any ideas why this might be?

Is it rgh or jtag ? Or is it stock ? And what brand is the drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it cannot be a retail ;)

I've just swapped the 120Gb hard drive in my fat 360's hard drive caddy for a 500Gb one, plugged it into my 360 and formatted it, using the original format utility. Only problem now is: my Xbox things my hard drive is only 145Gb.

Any ideas why this might be?

Delete all partitions on the harddrive before formatting using windows...

Yeah, it's rgh modded. The drive is a western digital scorpio blue, which I believe should work.

I hadn't considered that it might be partitioned, I'm sure my PS3 saw it as one 500gb drive. I'll dig out the cables to connect it to my PC and see.

If I FAT32 format or in windows, will I still need to format it with the 360?

Yeah, it's rgh modded. The drive is a western digital scorpio blue, which I believe should work.

I hadn't considered that it might be partitioned, I'm sure my PS3 saw it as one 500gb drive. I'll dig out the cables to connect it to my PC and see.

If I FAT32 format or in windows, will I still need to format it with the 360?

Yes, any 2.5" sata hdd should work (with rgh or jtag)

If uou format it in windows you still need to format in the 360 as it uses xtaf (byte reversed fatx) which windows don't understand, and the hdd needs 3 partitions iirc, but make one big one and the 360 should do all the rest

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

as it uses xtaf (byte reversed fatx) which windows don't understand,

I plugged the drive I took out of the 360 into my PC via USB and it came up as a DVD ran quite drive. Its this why?

Do I need any special software to format the 500gb drive? In using XP if that makes any difference?

I plugged the drive I took out of the 360 into my PC via USB and it came up as a DVD ran quite drive. Its this why?

Do I need any special software to format the 500gb drive? In using XP if that makes any difference?

Huh? it's showing up as DVD??

That's akward... never seen that with a regular HDD... did this drive come from a USB case? if so; run the WD tool to disable the DVD drive part of it, it's probably what's causing you these problems...

Right click on "My Computer" or "This Computer" or whatever it's called in english and select "Manage", from here you can select disk management and edit the partitions etc. from there...