RealModScene
haver20022002

Seagate 1TB External Hard Drive need help setting up with F3 XBOX 360

I already have Xbox 360 with 250GB hard drive but it got full very soon after getting RGH on XBOX. So I got a 1TB Desktop Harddrive that I would like to start using on my XBOX.

I don't know how to set it up.

I know that I have to format it with the Fat32 format tool and I can do that. What do I do after?

Please Help guys!!! Thanks

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/guiformat.exe use this to format it

I'd recommend extracting your games (from iso) using exiso GUI or similar, then you create a folder for each game and just put them on the hdd, you'll need to setup the scan paths for f3 to scan it aswell tho...

Thank you very much for the quick reply Swizzy. I shall do that now.

Do you think it will speed up my XBOX if I move over the games that I have installed on the internal HDD so far to this new external drive?

Also how do you think I can go about the 2 disc games like GTA V where I have to copy content into the content folder on the internal HDD? 

Thank you very much for the quick reply Swizzy. I shall do that now.

Do you think it will speed up my XBOX if I move over the games that I have installed on the internal HDD so far to this new external drive?

Also how do you think I can go about the 2 disc games like GTA V where I have to copy content into the content folder on the internal HDD?

There'll be no speed difference...

Well, what do you mean? you still have to put the "Content" on the internal HDD, you can't use a USB hdd for that... (maybe you can use USBMU but it's not something i'd recommend)

Keep in mind tho, each 2+ disc game is different, some have content installers, others have partial content installer and there are some that simply continue the story on the next disc etc. so you'll have to read up on what to do with each multidisc game

Very informative so the only reason I should move the games from internal hdd to free space for content installations in the future and not to speed up xbox... thanks man