RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
emptyhead41

Game Background art not showing

Hi. I deleted all the game data for FSD from it's settings menu while installing a new hard drive. All background art and icons were deleted.

Now what's happening is the icons and background images in the Games view aren't showing at all. It used to (i think) read the images from the nxeart file in the install folder, but it isn't anymore.

The paths are all set up correctly and everything seems to be working, but for some reason just the art and icons from the nxeart arent showing.

Games are rips from dvd using the DVD exract option on FSD, not GOD format and are on the internal HDD. The nxeart file is present in the game folders.

I'm not connected to the internet with this box and i'm not really able to just yet.

Would anyone be able to shed some light on this? Can't find much information about how fsd actually works (where it stores files, what they do, etc) so any help would be appreciated.

you need to be connected to the internet to get the artwork as they're stored on xb live servers. once your connected you need to refresh the artwork foe each game you have.

the nxeart file is only for the official dashboard. It only has a background image and a small image for the dvd icon.

Ah right. Thanks IrishDave. I thought fsd used that info as well. Before I wiped it, if i installed a game with nxeart it would show the background image and the dvd icon in fsd in the game library bit. Probably the guy who i bought the xbox from already had the art downloaded for those games then. Is that right? So the only way to get the background image and dvd icons to show again is to go online?

Do you know where fsd stores these files then so I can make a backup in future? Or is there any information available about how fsd stores it's information?

Ta

the images are all stored on xbox live themselves, easiest thing to do is reinstall FSD while you have it connected to the internet, otherwise you'll have to do a manual refresh of artwork for every game.

You can also get user uploaded covers at http://covers.jqe360.com/ - again you're doing it all manually