RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
MadCoder

Couple quick questions

So, I'm new to Xbox Modding. Recently I sent my box off to get modded and it came back with a RGH mod loaded with Freestyle 3. 

I was able to scan my external drives and all 450 games and 600 or so xbla game also displayed and are all playable.  Taking the advice from this forum I enter the paths to scan, but being a bit impatient I enter the paths twice. When I try to remove a path from being scanned on start up, it ask me do I want to remove them from the database and source.  Will it only remove the symbolic link to the directory or will it physically remove my game collection from the drive? 

Also, I noticed a feature in the options menu that says "Copy to Disc". So I inserted my son's new Lego something game and copied it to disc, however it would play with the disc not in the drive. What does this feature actually do?

And is there any advice from experienced modders that I should know for future reference so I don't screw something up?

Removing a path in FSD will only remove it's entry from the database - your games will still be present on the HDD.

When you use the function to copy a game disc to your console's hard drive, you can play the game without the disc in the drive (that function basically extracts the contents of the disc to the hard drive).

You shouldn't confuse that with mandatory game installs because those are different.