RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
jeffmangum

System Link suddenly failed when it was working before?

Everything was fine the first time then the next day, my test all failed! Im not sure why. I was thinking maybe its my router cause it has limited connectivity. But what else?

Everything was fine the first time then the next day, my test all failed! Im not sure why. I was thinking maybe its my router cause it has limited connectivity. But what else?

It's most often related to not setting Static IP adress for your console (reserving the DHCP lease), so when you restart your console it gets a new IP and your port forwarding is forwarding to something else (maybe nothing?!)

It's most often related to not setting Static IP adress for your console (reserving the DHCP lease), so when you restart your console it gets a new IP and your port forwarding is forwarding to something else (maybe nothing?!)

No my xbox ip is set to static. i noticed it the link fails when i turn off then turn on my router. 

No my xbox ip is set to static. i noticed it the link fails when i turn off then turn on my router.

On the console or router?

There's a difference between the 2...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

On the console or router?

There's a difference between the 2...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The ip address of your modem is just the standard 192.168.0.1 (depending on he the model) right? THeyre all static. So whats the point of the ip of the modem?

The ip address of your modem is just the standard 192.168.0.1 (depending on he the model) right? THeyre all static. So whats the point of the ip of the modem?

Internally you ussually have IP's ranging from 192.168.0.100 - 192.168.0.150 or something like that, some have lower some higher... or greater range...

You want to set your consoles IP adress to be a specific one (static) but, i recommend doing so on your router/modem to make sure it doesn't get set to something else or something else uses that ip adress when you start your xbox... this is also important for when you do port forwarding as you tell the router to send all incomming traffic on that particular port to that ip adress, now if your console isn't there but somewhere else... well... obviously you'll have a problem...