RealModScene
jeffmangum

Port Forwarding On TP-LINK

Ive done this before and successfully played system link before (although its really hard to join a game). It was before i changed my router. I used PRolink before and now i use TP-link wr740n

http://i.snag.gy/0JAsz.jpg

Did i miss anything?

I tried enabling dmz with the xbox ip. Still failed.

http://i.snag.gy/fNwHS.jpg

192.168.0.101 is the ip of my xbox. 

It looks ok i mean, its actually easier to setup than prolink. but why still failed?!

you can try changing the ports to 1000 and 1001.

I get the "failed" too but link still works, its hard sometimes to find a game in CoD because many people are on different versions of the TU.

Try that, ensure DMZ is enabled for your xbox

you can try changing the ports to 1000 and 1001.

I get the "failed" too but link still works, its hard sometimes to find a game in CoD because many people are on different versions of the TU.

Try that, ensure DMZ is enabled for your xbox

I already enabled dmz before with the ip of the xbox and still failed. Should i also add the ports in port trigerring?

I've a Netgear Wireless-N 300 Router

On my router I've a button for "Port Forwarding / Port Triggering", and in it its Start Port is 1000 and End Port 1001 for my xbox IP address

If your router has port triggering too, add the ports in it too

Is your router plugged into another router by chance?

Because if it is, that router may need adjust too, well small adjustment, give the IP of your 2nd router a DMZ on your first router.

Other than that, make sure you have the latest TU, and search for games. Could also be an issue with your ISP, if your ISP is strict on torrent traffic

Oh... Yeah maybe that's the problem.. Cause now, I have a non-wifi modem that is connected to a wireless router! So maybe I have to also setup that modem to port forward too.. Am I right?

may help, as it may be blocking it.

be easier to just make a DMZ for the IP your other router has

may help, as it may be blocking it.

be easier to just make a DMZ for the IP your other router has

Sorry but its a bit confusing. Do i put the IP of the WIRED MODEM to the dmz of the WIRELESS ROUTER?

ok i just tried doing that and it has an error saying its not on the same subnet mask. so i did it the other way around.. and no error. Im gonna try to test it now on the xbox.

yup

If your wireless router is connected to your wired router, then in your wired router give the ip address it assigned to the wireless DMZ

You could also connect the xbox directly to the wired router to see if link works then (Just to test)

that host ip is for the router setting no?

What IP does that router give your wireless router, put that ip on the dmz

Its the IP of the wireless router. 

What do you mean? Does the wired modem give out an IP for the wireless router? Dont they have specific IPs? Like what you put on the address bar to access that modem?

TP LINK (wireless) - 192.168.0.1

PROLINK (wired) - 192.168.254.1

I even tried opening ports on the prolink.. still failed..

or maybe i have to reboot the modem??

you can try that

your wireless router has a separate ip that the wired router is giving it, so theres a separate IP.

It may be 0.2 but you can check it in the "connected devices" option, your router may have a different name for it

Oh ok so check the ip address of the connected router on the wired modem.. Then put that ip address to the DMZ host in the wired modem.. Right? I can't test it now I'm on mobile.

yup :)

then any firewall issues will be on your wireless router

Just make sure on your wired router, your wireless router is given a permanent ip, you'll need to manually do that, last thing you want is it given a new ip

Ok i asked techsupport and they say to forward ports in my setup, i should change my modem to bridge mode cause the wireless router is just acting as an AP. 

Its too much work and risky cause my isp is a pain in the neck. so i guess im dropping this system link thing :(

take your xbox to a friends house and see if you have any luck with their ISP's (If they're different) and if they are,,, well, try their router at your home or.. switch isp  :thumbup:

take your xbox to a friends house and see if you have any luck with their ISP's (If they're different) and if they are,,, well, try their router at your home or.. switch isp  :thumbup:

Ok i actually did the bridge thing earlier and it was a pain in the neck. I lost the internet connection but i got it to work. AND all test passed on the xbox except for one udp port. BUT turns out the next boot of the pc, theres no internet connection again so i had to revert it back to non-bridge. God this is a pain in the ass.