RealModScene
maxpouliot

Run fsd on main hdd

I have a 4gb xbox and at the present time i run fsd on my 120gb slim hdd. I would like to change that hdd to a bigger one. To do that, i would like to run fsd from my 4gb hdd. How do i do this? Where do i put the freestyle directory? What's the difference between flash, onboardMU and hddx that i see in the file manager? I tried to modify the launch.ini file that is in my flash drive but that did not work.

Thank for the help

Flash is strictly forbidden to use...

OnBoardMU is the memory unit (4GB) which you speak of, i do NOT recommend that you use it...

HDDX is the Xbox Backwards Compatibility partition of the HDD...

I recommend that you use a USB Flash drive or something like that temporarily while moving to the new harddrive rather then the internal memory unit... mainly because of the risk of corruption causing the console not to boot at all if you're unlucky and use the internal memory...

• Like 1

Ok i understand. I want to boot from this usb flash drive. Which file do i have to modify to tell my xbox to do this?

make a text file named "launch.ini" (not launch.ini.txt!) and put "default=usb:pathtof3default.xex" where pathtof3 is the folders on the usb memory...

Ok and i i put my launch.ini file on my usb flash drive?

Yes, you put it like this: x:launch.iniWhere x = the letter windows gives itKeep in mind that the Xbox 360 only can read FAT32