RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
proteus2

Need help repairing Trinity board

Just wondering if anyone can tell me the ohms reading of these 2 resistor R2D15 and R2D17
blew them both after shorting wire going to southbridge...

Posted Image

also does anyone know of another solder point under the southbridge for this
line after i damaged it trying to solder wire on it to dual nand...

Posted Image

thank you for any help you can give especially the resistors as their is nothing about them anywhere on the net, these are not the pictures of my board they are pics i got of net.

The resistor values are probably 10k ohm, most resistors on the motherboard are...

I'll check them tomrorow while i'm at work, i have a bunch of motherboards i can measure on there :)

i'll also check where that trace goes to for ya ;) unless of course someone else beats me to it :)

• Like 1

Ok, so the resistors are 1k Ohm each (when installed)

The trace goes from R1T5 (10K Ohm) on the bottom side of the board to PIN9 on the NAND then straight to the southbridge, so... if you've broken the trace anywhere near the Southbridge there is no alternative that i can find, and there is no way to check that it's properly connected to the southbridge etheir, all you can do is assume it is or remove the southbridge and check the trace from there...

• Like 1

Thank you Swizzy for the resistor readings you really have helped me as for the broken trace i will just have to try to solder to the last bit of trace fingers crossed.