RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Blue Tanner

guide button not bringing up home menu after updating fsd

i have just updated from fsd2 to fsd3 but am unsure how to make games just show as one its not all games just the double disk ones i think any help ?please :)

also i use to be able to push the xbox button and go home from any were on xbox has also stopped working since updating, somebody?

Edited by JPizzle

i have just updated from fd2 to fd3 but am unsure how to make games just show as one its not all games just the double disk ones i think any help ?please :)

This has also bugged me for a long time. Repeating game images. Does anyone know why this happens?

It happens because you have mutli disk games in seperate folders (or your settings are causing FSD to search further down then it should)put disc2 in a different location (or just as a subfolder of disc1, the same for all others of course) then i'd use the dashlaunch plugin "diskswapper" which allows you to configure the paths... (should work, not sure... i personally mainly use XEXMenu and play single disc games)

also i use to be able to push the xbox button and go home from any were on xbox has also stopped working since updating, somebody?

You mean pressing guide button -> Y -> Yes or? F3 patches the top option in the mini blades or whatever you wanna call it (the guide button menu) so you can go back straight to F3 instead from anywhere... pressing the guide button -> Y -> answering yes should get you back to the stock dash, if you have F3 set as default you need to also hold "RB" right after you press Yes...

yeah the guide button still works when i hold it down to turn of the console but say when im in a game and push it to go back home not working there must be a setting i have turned of?

and i just tryed putting a doubled up game into home brew folder and it still works in the 360 games so ill probally do that for rest

It happens because you have mutli disk games in seperate folders (or your settings are causing FSD to search further down then it should)

put disc2 in a different location (or just as a subfolder of disc1, the same for all others of course) then i'd use the dashlaunch plugin "diskswapper" which allows you to configure the paths... (should work, not sure... i personally mainly use XEXMenu and play single disc games)

You mean pressing guide button -> Y -> Yes or? F3 patches the top option in the mini blades or whatever you wanna call it (the guide button menu) so you can go back straight to F3 instead from anywhere... pressing the guide button -> Y -> answering yes should get you back to the stock dash, if you have F3 set as default you need to also hold "RB" right after you press Yes...

are you talking about in the dash launch settings?

There is a edit post function... use it!

Yes, if you have f3 as default dashboard (launch.ini default=....) you need to hold RB... holding the guide button isn't the same as pressing it ONCE, as you press it once you'll be presented with a menu...

F3 auto swaps multi disc games, setting up the dashlaunch disc swapper plugin while using F3 will cause issues, The reason you are getting multiple or duplicate covers for you multi disc games is because both discs have been scanned into your F3 database. Simply go to your duplicate cover in your games menu and press Y for options, then go to Move to or something like that. I dont remember the exact wording. Then move to no section, this will keep the disc in your database but will hide it in the menu.

As for the guide button not working anymore, that is a setting in your dashlaunch launch.ini file

nohud=false;

Is what you want. Also, make sure you update your FreeBOOT and Dashlaunch to the latest releases.