RealModScene
oxb

Need help Xbox360 (most of the time) stuck at bootlogo Xell works fine?

Hello everybody

I recently bought a old XENON xbox wich had a heating problem.(2RODD code 0011)I reapplied the thermal paste and after that it booted up to FSD, but freezed in a game.I flashed the nand to dash 16537 to see if that wouldt solve my problem.J-runner message header wrong? 

Now sometimes it boots in to NXE dash but most of the time 95% it is stuck at the xbox bootlogo (every time on a different part of the logo).No pixalation in the image it just stays there.

Xell loads up fine and keeps working like a charm.

Tried everything on the web take out harddrive clear cache reformat drive check solder etcetcetc.

My question is shouldt i trow iit away ,is it planning to RROD?If xell keeps on working (no freeze in xell)  then the xbox is ok?Thanx in Advance 

It's likely that the RROD will return, XeLL don't put much pressure on the machine, the dashboard do however... so xell isn't really a good way to test if the machine is working or not...

What you should do is start something like Mupen64 (and play a game) or XMPlayer (and play a movie) from XeLL, this will cause the machine to be put under alot more pressure... if it's freezing at this point the machine isn't fully operational, otherwise it could be a nand issue, maybe a bad block? maybe a bad build?

I'd also recommend doing a full erase (nandpro usb: -e16) followed by writing a image made using xeBuild GUI (i've seen many reports about JRunner causing random issues, it shouldn't as xebuild is the underlying application in both cases, but a friend of mine did a test, 10 images in a row from JRunner were causing problems while 10 images in a row didn't make any problems when built with xebuild gui)

It's likely that the RROD will return, XeLL don't put much pressure on the machine, the dashboard do however... so xell isn't really a good way to test if the machine is working or not...What you should do is start something like Mupen64 (and play a game) or XMPlayer (and play a movie) from XeLL, this will cause the machine to be put under alot more pressure... if it's freezing at this point the machine isn't fully operational, otherwise it could be a nand issue, maybe a bad block? maybe a bad build?I'd also recommend doing a full erase (nandpro usb: -e16) followed by writing a image made using xeBuild GUI (i've seen many reports about JRunner causing random issues, it shouldn't as xebuild is the underlying application in both cases, but a friend of mine did a test, 10 images in a row from JRunner were causing problems while 10 images in a row didn't make any problems when built with xebuild gui)

Ok thanx 

i did not know you couldt play games directly from Xell will take a look at mupen64.Does Mupen64 need to be run of disc or can you use Usb?Asking because if i attach dvd drive xell does not run completely to fusesets etc.(hope im making myself clear)

Flashed several images also rebuild with donor NAND flashed in xebuild aswell in J-runner flashed over 10x i think and every time same result.

WGoing to read up on Mupen now and try that thanx again!

Hmm okay

just got it to run found a original disc cod, screen froze with stripes guess that the gpu is f@#d up.

damnit.

O well was worth a try.

Ok 

Did a reflow on the xbox and now its working again, however i reflashed the nand back to the version i originally got it with.

when trying to install fsd (fsd autoinstaller) i get the message from dashlaunch "kernel not supported"

Now trying to flash the Nand but xell version is 0.3 and does not recognize updflash.bin?

Can anyone give me some advice how to proceed?

Is there a way to update xell via disc?

box booting fine now playing games from disc no freezes/hangs but unable to install FSD.

I am new at this jtag/rgh but if i can boot xell then the jtag is working?

Thanx in advance.

you can use Simple 360 NAND Flasher directly from the dashboard using whatever you used to launch the f3 installer (if it was from a cd, then you'll need to make something like a xexmenu disc or so if you don't already have this installed)

And yes, if XeLL boots the hack is working ;)

you can use Simple 360 NAND Flasher directly from the dashboard using whatever you used to launch the f3 installer (if it was from a cd, then you'll need to make something like a xexmenu disc or so if you don't already have this installed)And yes, if XeLL boots the hack is working ;)

Ok  i found that out by myself  :thumbup:  flashed the box with kernel 16537, Box freezes if i have the harddrive connected.

Did format the drive several times but no luck.

if i take out the drive it boots 80% of the time to NXE dash can play original games (dont have burnd ones left).

1 in 10 times it will boot with hdd connected, Ext 1tb Usb3 drive boots instantly ,also to FSD.

I found out that if the box boots and freezes @ logo, i take out the drive box reboots and plugin drive at the right time it will boot.

Did a fanmod and placed extra fans on the side of this former xenon toaster oven (now cpu 45c gpu 54cpu case 32c in game) so heat shouldt not be an issue. (sounds like a frikking helicopter though :D )

So original games play fine FSD boots but hangs when i try to play game (most of time when i am in game menu ,randomly)

Tried running FSD from USb flashdrive same issue.

I did not yet install the avatar update couldt this be the problem?

I am so close but not yet there.

PS the box came from a very very very old dash can you make the leap form that old dash to the new one?

Dont have the original NAND dump But made one from donor.

The old version dash boots fine (and i made my freeboot image from that one).

Have to be honest i did do a reflow, but i think if i can play original games with no probs the box shouldt be ok.

Any thougts,pointers?

Thanx for your help.

so, to try and answer your somewhat difficulty formatted post:

The avatar support have nothing to do with freezing issues...

You can make a leap from 2.0.1888.0 to 2.0.16547.0 if you like (the first to latest) without any problems, so that's not the problem etheir...

It could be related to the Southbridge, a somewhat advanced way of possibly fixing freezing issues when they're caused by the HDD is to change the power mode in the SMC_Config, i cannot tell you if it'll make a difference, but... changing it may also damage your console (if you're not careful!) i don't recommend trying it unless you are crazy/don't care if the console stops working completly

Sorry for my previous rant, but thought too give as much as info as possible.

Lol crazy indeed, i took a heatgun set it to 280 c en baked the motherboard put extra fans in it to cool hacked the side of the box etc  :chris: .

I know too little about this box because i bought it for not too much (15 euro)

Only thing i know its the first Jtag method used (i believe)

If it stops working i really dont care, got two slims and one jasper over here all running FSD flawlessly.

This was just for fun to try to get the box up and running.

The SMC_config is editable to provide more power to the harddrive?

Will read up on it and try this out (if my GF does not kick me in the B#lls for not giving her much attention lately  :blushing: )

thanx again going to read up on smc_cfg.