RealModScene
coxymanne

LINK help

Hello,

Having some trouble with link since yesterday. I'm playing with a couple of friends a few weeks now. No problems at all. But yesterday it is not possible to play anymore. After 2 minutes we are getting a server lost connection error. Strange thing about it is that me and my friends have the same issue.

Are there some server problems ? Or is it possible that the connection between the Netherlands and you server is not very good. Maybe our isp has troubles.

Is there any way to check te server response from the me to the server ?

Kind regards,

ps sorry for my bad english

The server is actually in EU so that is not the issue, if your friends are all having the same issue and you're all on the same ISP it might be your ISP that has the issues.

Thanks for your replay,

It is very strange. When I check the port forwarding normaly the 3071 and 3072 ports are open udp and utp. But yesterday and today I can't get them open. Xbox connected to the modem. But everytime one port is closed.

It still works to login and play a couple of minutes before i get the lost connection message. Then I'm out of the public room. When I re-enter it will work again for a couple of minutes. I'm confussed.

All friends are on the same isp. I'm going to search for a alternative dns server maybe i'll get the connection stable.

Thanks for the info.

sometimes depending on the server load you will get DC. it's just the way of the walk and the amount of traffic, also, it's been known to sometimes pass the tests but still work, if you want to be double sure then add your static IP address of the 360 to DMZ that way you can guarantee that the ports are open to the 360, as long as you have gave it a static IP address that is. 

I did both. Placed the xbox in DMZ and portforwarded both ports on udp and tcp. Don't think the problem is the portforwarding because I can see the created games by other people. Corrupt userdata and server connection timeout do I get in serveral minutes. Think isp is lagging. Unfortenaly i can not do anything about it.

Thanks for your time

yeah true, can't do anything about a laggy ISP. (if you've added an IP address to the DMZ you don't need to do the ports that's what the DMZ is for) ;) 

My isp is Ziggo. Together with UPC the biggest in the Netherlands. Got a 60 mbit download and 8 mbit upload. Never had problems with them. Untill last night. When I ping www.ebay.com or www.microsoft.com i got al lot of time outs. Maybe something wrong with the routering from the Netherlands to the rest of the world. Hope they solve it quick.