RealModScene
Kwabyna

LiNK SETBACKS (BROADBAND)

First of all i would like to thank all the admin, esp. JPIZZLE for making LiNK a huge success. The topic i am about to discuss has to do with LiNK and if it has been posted before i apologise.

-Now i really have no idea how LiNK works,  whether through broadband or any internet access can enable link. Does it has to do with ports, static or dynamic IPs, DNS, NAT, etc. My country location is in Ghana and i also do not know if this is also the problem.

Now my problem is i have a 3g router(huawei B683) which uses a sim card(USIM) and that is what i use for SyStem LiNK games like CODBO2 and GHOST. I don't get passes in port forwarding but i am still able to play LiNK games. On the other hand i have another sim card(USIM), whenever i insert this USIM i can see rooms and i am able to join room but when i go to room host i cant see any games for me to join and play. The other USIM can see host and join host for me to play games with the same settings. 

So my question is, is there anything i am not doing right or LiNK works only with static IPS. Thank you and your help would be much appreciated.

It's likely a connection problem with your 3G router...

3G isn't very fast most of the time, and if you have poor signal strength it's likely one of many possible causes for the problems you're having... also, when you switch sim cards you probably switch between different operators? that'd cause the signal strength/speed limits may change...

LiNK Works best with a broadband connection, but i guess you can't get that where you live maybe? it's the same with ALL online gaming services... not just LiNK or Xbox 360, PC's will have similar issues aswell, it all depends on the game as it'll send/receive different ammounts of data depending on how the game developer made it, some games use less network bandwidth then others, the less bandwidth required to more likely you are to be able to play using a 3G router/modem

Thanks swizzy...for the reply. Now my friend is having a broadband and I tried the same settings with my console I could also see the rooms and join but I couldn't see host for me to join and play....how do you explain that.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4

I am also having the same issues on ADSL broadband. I can join a lobby but can't find any games hosted no matter how many times i refresh after picking a room to join. Could this be due to a blocked port from my ISP(A)? Whereas on another ISP( B ) i am able to see, join and even play hosted games. What is the requirement here? A static IP from ISP or certain ports need to be open from ISP front?

To elaborate further, ISP( B ) is a mobile network, offers static IP for their 3G sim cards. I can manage with them but slow speeds make gaming boring with poor connection compared to ISP(A) who is an ADSL provider with Dynamic IP setup. However a friend also on ISP(A) is able to see Hosted Games yet unable to join any on pressing A button despite the lobby and host he chooses to join.

Will you recommend i get static IP from ISP(A) to be able to see hosted games in rooms or perhaps its an issue with Ports blocked on the ISP front? 

Please help out here guys...Thanks