RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
xzanox

*Demon* Where is best to install FSD

Hello to everyone.

Before i ask my question and ask you guys for advice, let me explain my situation and the reason why i explain...(It's actually all connected)

At the moment i have:

1) one slim console that i use for live flashed with LT+ 3.0 with 250 gb internal hdd (which contains my profile and saves etc) 

2) one slim console (RGH2 with coolrunner rev c boots 10-45 sec) i only use (obviously) for RGH with 250gb internal hdd and a 2 TB external hdd.

I have done several RGH/ R-Jtag etc and i actually know how to install FSD3 but.............now comes the question..

Now i installed a slim demon in another  trinity with a ck3 pro (amazing boot times, thanks xecuter) yesterday.

This trinity console has 4gb internal MU.

What is best for me to do which steps?

1)  I guess i can just transfer my 250gb internal from my live console to this (demonized) one and recover my gamertag once i'm on the Original xbox nand etc (keeping also my saves i assume)

2) I guess i can just hook up my (RGH2) 2TB external hdd to this (demonized) console and manage paths once on the demon hacked nand etc (Obviously need fsd3 for this)

3) But before i can do that, what is the best place to install FSD3? To my 4gb internal, my 250 gb internal or my 2Tb external? I'm planning to let everything connected at all times to this console.

4) Which settings are important to not screw up things with live while switching nands etc? I hear "autofake is important to set on TRUE. Is this correct? And which settings should i also set to TRUE or FALSE?

5) Is it necessary to unplug the 2TB external when i connect to live even though i'm on the Original nand? What is wise and what is safe?

I certainly do not claim to know a lot about FSD3 at all hence i ask these questions, so bare with me and forgive my eager to learn more when it might sound so familiar for you guys.

I do know how to change the settings in dashlaunch, update rgh dash etc,  i just need a starter and some good advice since i'm a new user of the TX demon and would hate it if me and my stupidity would kill the functionality of the demon...

Thanks for reading and your time.

Best regards, Xzanox

you want all homebrew (F3) to be on an external hdd that you can unplug from the console when on the Live NAND, also make sure to have your profile on a removable usb thumb drive so the profile you use with homebrew can be removed from the console when on your Live NAND.

you want all homebrew (F3) to be on an external hdd that you can unplug from the console when on the Live NAND, also make sure to have your profile on a removable usb thumb drive so the profile you use with homebrew can be removed from the console when on your Live NAND.

Well thank you sir, much appreciated, that was what i wanted to know. Great site btw. Cheers.

Just one more thing, anything in particular i need to enable/disable with the dashlaunch settings?

Edited by xzanox

no, dashlaunch will not load when on Live NAND.

:blushing:  of course, little dumbo signing off and thanks again.