RealModScene
Jason Ang

Call Of Duty Black Ops hang during start. What TU is needed?

Hello All, 

I recently updated to Dashlaunch 3.1, and using Kernel 16537.  All of a sudden, my Call of Duty isn't working anymore.  I new to mod scene, and am not familiar about TUs.  I don't use Live.  Before 16537, Black Ops was running fine without any TU.  

Can anyone share their experiences?  And how to fix?

Thanks

you can't use "live" on the machine any way......

As for the latest TU's have you downloaded the latest one, what's happening when you try and run the game. 

I don't have any TU installed since I don't use Live. Does it mean even without Live, you have to install TUs?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

you can install them I think via USB if you like you can download them and then upload them (Dave's a good one at this) I use mine on-line so everything is downloadable. 360 Content manager would do this for you. 

Why you not got your machine on-line ;) dead easy and makes the world of difference. 

As long as you have the parental settings set up, so "don't allow connection to live" and also "don't allow creation of a live account" then your dashlaunch configured correctly, your ports opened for "Link" then your good to go. 

Sorry, too much for me :-)  Who's Dave?  What's 360 content manager?  

I assume regarding "don't allow connection to live" and "don't allow creation of live account" is in dashlaunch?  Where do you open "link"?

A quick google on "360 content manager" shows that it will help manage 360 games.  Do you point this to your xbox ip?  Will it automatically download appropriate TUs for your xbox games?  Will it consider the kernel you're on?

Thanks

Edited by Jason Ang

Dave is one of the members here and knows his stuff with DLC and TU's.

"don't allow connection to live" and "don't allow creation of live account" is in dashlaunch? 

Nope this setting is in your stock dashboard and should be enabled to stop the console from reaching out to live. 

There are some other settings that you "do" in dashlaunch but it's all most preconfigured for you. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when you have your machine connected to the net you can then go into the game (before starting it) and then download the latest TU's for it. 

or 360 content manager, download the TU and then ask it to upload it to your 360 for you. (but you'd still need it connected to your network) 

Step 1: Install FSD & Enable SMB Server

Download FSD 2.2 or higher. Follow the included instructions to install it on your Xbox 360.
  Run it and go to Setup > Settings > General Settings.
  Check the box next to "Enable Samba Server".
  Exit FSD and open it again. Leave it running.

Step 2: Configure 360 Content Manager

Open 360 Content Manager and enter your 360's IP address under the FTP tab of settings if you haven't already.
  Test the connection to make sure the status says "Connection to FSD Successful".
  Save the settings.

Click the "Show Xbox 360 Drive" button in the toolbar (green xbox logo) or press Alt+X.
  If you get an error message saying the program was unable to connect, exit and restart FSD on your 360.
  For best results, try to connect from your PC immediately after FSD opens on your 360.

Step 3: Scan Content Folder and Manage Files

If you don't get an error message, look in the left side tree for a new entry called "Xbox 360".
  Expand it and navigate to the "Hdd1:Content0000000000000000" folder.

This is where all games and DLC are stored. Pressing F4 will load ALL files on your 360 into the main view.
  Note that this can take some time depending on the speed of your network and how many files you have installed.
  • Like 1

Hello Datastream, 

Thank you for taking the time to explain.  I don't mind having the console connected directly yo net and update the TU itself.  Does it mean this is the less user intervention option?  

If I do that, I can skip steps 1 to 3?

correct, just make sure you do what I've explained in your stock dashboard with connection to live. 

Best thing to do is to give your machine a static I.P address in DHCP on your router then either add it to the DMZ zone or allow ports 3071 data and 3072 broadcast (this is really just for "link") you don't have to do these steps if you just want TU's etc. to download. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCOVhEsH7FY

you mean if I don't allow ports mentioned, the xbox is not connected to the net? Can you explain "link"?

Are there instances where automatically downloaded TUs are not compatible with the kernel on my console?  Then what happens? 

Is there a way to initiate download of all TUs on the xbox in one go?

Edited by Jason Ang

the data port 3071 and broadcast port 3072 is only needed should you wish to play online with the console via "Link" 

your 2nd question, answer "no" TU's will be fine. 

And your 3rd question, yeah "gadabama" which is another software program would download all your missing TU's for "all" your games, but it's not worth doing that, why waste space with TU's that you might never use. 

You're on the latest dashlaunch and kernel by the looks of it anyway. ;)

Yup, thanks to you, was able to update to latest version :-) not sure what is Link though.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Hello datastream,

Downloaded latest COD: Black Ops 2 TU#15, I then selected it and set it Active.  Started the game, yet, it blacked out once again.  I didn't download all the other previous TUs.  Is this correct?

Can you shed some light regarding this game?

yeah you only need the latest one....... are you sure you have the latest dashlaunch on it....3.10....How did you rip the game to your hard drive, did you use ISO2GOD....

Have you tried running it from xex menu.....

Hmmm, I don't know.  I have it in my HDD for ages.  I believe I inserted the disc to my drive and ripped it from there.  If not, I'll see if I can use iso2god.

try not using any TU's at all (Just seen Swizzy posted this in another thread) also, you could disconnect the internet and try and disable dashlaunch and see if that'll work (I don't suggest leaving it like this though but just as a last resort)