RealModScene
xboxdog007

Help with F3 Please

Hello

Ok here's what I did I need to update my kernel to play GTA5 so I flowed this tut and everything was ok till I flashed my image and restarted my console I could not get FSD to boot so I could not finish the tut, I have been trying to get some help on this one person Sid I would have to re-install dash launch and to use j-runner so I ran j-runner and updsrv it told me I would have to update my HV to 15574 so I put 15574 in the xeBuild and run patch update from j-runner it was a success so I restarted everything then run update from j-runner everything was a success so I put F3 on my USB stick in FSD folder but it just goes to the default startup screen no FSD I also put F3 in the main directory on the usb stick and it says freestyle 3 crashed what would you like to do,  I just don't know what to do can anybody help me please I have been at this for 2 days and its wearing me down

here's what j-runner Sid

Load Files Initiliazation Finished

Started Updating Console to 16537
---------------------------------------------------------------
xeBuild v1.09.639
base path changed to C:UsersJeffDownloadsXboxJ-Runnerv03 (1) Core PackJ-RunnerxeBuild
---- { Update Mode } ----
***** WARNING: reusing folderC:UsersJeffDownloadsXboxJ-Runner v03 (1) Core PackJ-Runneroutput!
started, watching network for xbox...success, found xboxbeacon at 192.168.1.115
connected to Trinity with updsvr version 2 (peek version 2)
reading flash image from console...success!
Completed in 29s
sending flash data to console...
file sent OK, awaiting result...success!
Completed in 34s
loading avatar data...
success!
Formatting HDD partition...
success!
Sending avatar files to HDD partition...
success! Avatar data is successfully sent to the console!
Completed in 273s
sending reboot command...OK
C:UsersJeffDownloadsXboxJ-Runner v03 (1) CorePackJ-Runneroutput16537_g2_trinity.bin image built, info:
Kernel : 2.0.16537.0
Console : Trinity
NAND size : 16MiB
Build : Glitch(v2)
Xell : power onconsole with console eject button
Serial :----------------
ConsoleId : -------------------
MoboSerial: -------------------
Mfg Date : 07/20/2010
CPU Key :------------------------------------------------------
1BL Key Posted ImageD88AD0C9ED669E7B56794FB68563EFA
DVD Key :------------------------------------------------------
CF LDV : 8
KV type : type2(hashed - Good! Signature is valid.)
xeBuild Finished.Have a nice day.
Saved to C:UsersJeffDownloadsXboxJ-Runner v03 (1) CorePackJ-Runneroutput
Image is Ready

you need to run "dashlaunch" (if you haven't got the latest one then FTP it over, version 3.10 I think it is...) then what you need to do is point the default path in dashlaunch to the default xex of where FSD is installed. ;) then when you reboot it'll take you straight into FSD 

You should get used to using FTP and have a nice folder layout on your HDD1 (hard drive attached) that way it makes it nice and easy to find stuff via the FSD and alike. 

have a read of THIS I have some screen shots etc. and it also talks about "dashlaunch" 

• Like 1

Thanks Datastream

I know this sounds dumb but how do I get in to my console I tried booting with the eject button to see my IP which was 192.168.1.99 then I run Flash FXP put that address in but it will not connect is there something else I need to do?

Thanks

Boot xex menu then ftp into that..or your old fsd.... if you can't get your old fsd to run. Xex menu it is.... You can't ftp into xell...that's only for getting your nand n cpu key via Internet Explorer. ;)

sent from my iphone5

• Like 1

Hello Datastream

Sorry to bother you again but I put xexMenu 1.1 on my usb stick and started the xbox it shows a box with A continue in top left corner with my login icon the other 3 corners have connect controller I press A them the screen goes black nothing else happens is this normal what should It do? 

no problem, do you not already have xex menu installed on your hard drive of the 360, it's not a case of copying it over to the USB you have to format the USB stick in the 360 first under storage and then put the USB stick back in your PC and then inject xex to it, there's a few ways to do it using horizon or other tools or even just burn the ISO  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofLWxev_kq0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqG80gjYkxU&list=PL4CA42E25C890D850

You can download the xex menu iso and burn that to a disk and install it that way, various ways to install it....... let me know how you get on, but I would have thought that it should already be on your machine. 

The only reason that you need to run xex menu is to allow you to be able to FTP (obtain an IP address and allow FTP access) and then from there it's easy... ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just thought, why not just download the ISO of FSD and burn that and you won't have to bother with all of the above....DOH..! just thought about that...... (I'm old skool..!....but I do like having xex menu...lol)

http://www.homebrew-connection.org/f3installer-install-freestyle-3-easily/

• Like 1

Hi Datastream

I done what you Sid and it worked I put horizon on my pc and formatted the usb with the console and was able to ftp into it I then copied over DashLaunch 3.10 and F3 I run dashlaunch and set the path to F3 and re-started and there it was F3, F3 keeps telling me there's no internet when I go to JQE360 and its showing n/a at bottom left of F3 if I can get that working maybe I'll be good to go, I just won't to say Thank you very much if not for you I would have never got it back working no one else seem to wont to help but you sure did AAA+++ to you, and Thanks again

I re-started the console and the internet is there everything seems to be working fine, Thanks

Excellent!, don't forget to go to normal stock dashboard and parental controls and "block" access to live and also "block" the ability to create a live account, dashlaunch will probably be set to block it anyway but adding it to stock dashboard also stops the console from connecting to Live. ;)

Other people are here to help but if I see someone helping some one else then I leave it be as no point on stepping on someone elses toes if you get me when there already helping someone... ;)

See you online for some gaming ;)

Oh and if you haven't already then make a backup of your nand and cpu key (RAR them!) and keep a couple of copies. 

• Like 1