RealModScene
anil

FS3 auto launch on xbox slim 4gb

my box is jtagged xbox slim 4 gb- with a USB 500 gb external hard drive only

when i copied FS3 installer to usb for installation - I have  USB0, USB1, DVD, FLASH in my list.

1. how do i get to show HDD or where do i nstall FS3 in above list ?

2. how to make FS3 start automatically when i start my xbox ?

3. I have installed fs3 in usb0 and can brouse vis xem FTP and can run it but want to make FS3 auto launch ?

4.Lastly i tried to copy a game using FS3 extract function- - but even though game appeared in game list of fs3 but game doesnt play and xbox hangs- how long does it take to copy the game? does it display any prompt when game is completely copied ? because i only saw option Button B

if you've attached a HDD to the 360 did you format it under "settings" 

If you have got freestyle installed and you want to make it boot automatically, then you can either, FTP in and amend the launch.ini or you can run "dash-launch" and configure it in there to auto-start., doing it via "dashlaunch" is just another way to edit the ini file, when your in dashlaunch, be sure to save the ini file. :) 

When you tried to copy a game what is it, an original or a copy

might help HERE

if you've attached a HDD to the 360 did you format it under "settings" 

If you have got freestyle installed and you want to make it boot automatically, then you can either, FTP in and amend the launch.ini or you can run "dash-launch" and configure it in there to auto-start., doing it via "dashlaunch" is just another way to edit the ini file, when your in dashlaunch, be sure to save the ini file. :)

When you tried to copy a game what is it, an original or a copy

might help HERE

many thanks for ur prompt reply

1.the external HDD i had formatted on the computer for fat32- not from xbox- as i believe it will only make it formatted for 32gb

2.i am now trying the dash launch- and will feedback with any success (soon i hope)

3.the game was a original - kinectimals

4.basiclly i wanted to know where to locate the FS3 - USB0 or Flash or is there any other location ?

When you say "external" hard drive, do you mean a one that is connected with a shell to the side of the 360 like a "stock" hard drive or do you mean a USB one. you can run FSD from any where (not the flash) but it's suggested that you run it from a HDD that is attached to the side of the machine like a stock one... 

The machine won't care how big it is if it's attached to a shell and stuck on the side of it. (or a USB one)  ;) i believe that 4TB is the max of a FAT32 

oh, so you haven't got one attached to the side of the 360, that's cool, you can (and sounds like you are) running FSD from it now then, just configure "dashlaunch" to point to the xex of where FSD is installed and save the launch.ini file or manual edit it and make it point to the FSD folder xex .....

if youre looking for HDD1 then you need to install an internal hard drive in the xbox. being its a 4GB slim it goes in the bottom, then format it with the xbox and it will show as HDD1

• Like 1

thanks guys, i was a bit confused as i thought the external USB drive too shows as HDD1- now i get it - hav to put in a drive.. thanks for ur assistance- FS3 is fantastic - good work mates

i tried out with amending dash launch and worked fine- but am worried if i started my xbox with the usb drive disconnected things might get messed up. so hav reverted to normal booting and moved the fs3 folder to my games folder where can run fs3 from xex menu. wil install hdd later as per ur advice. tks again

thats why i stated that if he was looking for hdd1 he had to install a hard drive.. i assumed he didnt have one installed being he didnt find one in the list.... as long as the usb drive is formatted as fat 32 you shouldnt have a problem hooking it up