RealModScene
Jason Ang

replace my USB drive with a new drive

Hello, I'd like to replace my usb drive with a spare unit I'm not using.  Is it just a matter of copy and paste?  Or do I execute the Freestyle dash installer once again?  Are there other things that need to be done?  Xebuild, etc...?

Thanks

I have a 300 gig attached to the machine for FSD and I have a 2TB via USB with all my games on, depends on your setup etc. you could just plug them both into your pc and copy all the contents from the old drive to the new drive. 

xebuild is for creating nands and that mate. 

Just make sure the new hard drive is formatted FAT32

Hello datastream, finally got time to do this.  I followed your instructions and plug both usb HDDs to the PC, both formatted with fat32.  Copied all the files without any problem.  Somehow, when I connect the new usb drive to xbox, the games don't show up.  I've tried changing USB path in Setup/ Settings, and also did manual scanning.  No games are found.  I made sure it is less than 2 levels deep in the folders.  Though going into file manager and starting the game by selecting default.xex starts the game without problem.  I can see that the only thing inside the usb drive is the $RECYBLE.BIN (I assume this is from my other deleted files- not important), games folder, where inside there are the games such as Diablo III, gears of war, and inside them are the files such as default.xex.  I set Game path depth to 2, it doesn't scan, 3, and finally 5, and did a manual scan, it doesn't see them either.  Upon trying and trying, it finally found just 1 game, Diablo, and nothing else.  I wonder why is this.

Update:  I tried to select the Game: under Drive List on purpose, and selected save.  It still shows usb0 as the game path.  

Are the paths being saved in FSD though and showing...?

It's probably something to do with the old paths and the port that you had the drive plugged into, I would just do a fresh install of FSD, create a new folder called FSD1 or what ever, put freestyle into it and then edit your launch.ini or dashlaunch to point ot the new freestyle folder then add the paths again (using your new drive that is) 

Your new hard drive is definatley formatted to FAT32 and not exFAT32 

EDIT did you say there all in your recycle bin?