RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Christianmoel

NXE wont boot after update to 16537

Hello i recently updated my dashboard to dash 16537. At first it seemed that the update worked, i could now play xbox arcade games along with games such as injustice, which had previously not been possible due to old dashboard version. Trouble is that for some reason i NXE wont boot, i have tried the usual home + RB and configuring Dashlaunch to start /flash/Dash.xex and removing the internal HD where FSD and dashlaunch is installed. I have also tried starting dash.exe directly with dashlaunch, same result directly to FSD screen. 

Normally this would not be a problem since i usually dont use NXE at all. But it seems the update has changed the audio config, so im only getting a nasty static noise from my stereo, a problem i have solved in settings before.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to make NXE work again, it would be much appreciated. As a bonus im willing to share my OTEupload premium account (3 months) with whoever helps me fix this problem first  :thumbup:

1 thing u could test , Idk if it works tho, U got a copy of ur last working nand ? If so , U could try flashing that , If problem solves , Try update to 16537 again , Not so good at this :) 

I will try that, thanks, will return to tell if it worked

Edit: 

Tried reverting, but for some reason i still cant return to NXE, but the nasty noise is gone. Gonna try reflashing it with dash 16203 instead this time

Updated to 16203, Noise is back along with fucked res. Is there anyway to configure the xbox outside of NXE?

What are you using to build your image with, and how are you applying the new image?

Depending on your dashlaunch settings, easiest way to get to NXE from FSD (for me) is to press the guide button, and scroll over to system settings. You could always change your dashlaunch ini if system settings aren't displayed in your hud.

If NXe isn't working, you must have bad blocks being remapped incorrectly, or not even being identified. More likely Newbie error in how to get to NXE in my opinion, but not after rereading your post. I'd definitely go with bad blocks. Do you have a hardware method of dumping your nand? If you have a backup of your nand, from the very first time the machine was modded, you could identify the blocks with it, but it'ld only help with old ones. If it's been a while it's almost a certainty you'ld have those plus more by now. Flash memory always gets bad blocks with time.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot :) . Lots of usefull info in your reply. When i am reading the nand in software it counts 1 bad block if i revert back to oldest nand and read, 3 when i read after the update to newest dash, if that holds any importance. I don't have a nand dump from before it got modded, since i bought it premodded, although i can try to contact him and hear him out, but its a longshot since its quite a long time ago that i bought it. As for at hardware solution, i would need a nand x right? I might have one lying around if i can dig it up. Would a hardware read be likely to solve the problem? In your opinion what is the best solution?

A hardware dump should expose all present bad blocks, if your comparisons show some too, try to manually remap them and see what happens. If any of them are in the first 50 though, don't listen to me. If memory serves you really shouldn't remap bad blocks if your flashing method remaps them automatically. First 40 or,50 blocks would be xell, and you'ld lose the ability to boot it and recover the console should something bad happen. Something bad always happens around me. :)

PS- Yeah I think a nandx is a hardware reader. IDK I used MartinC's tut and made my own before the Jtag hack was around. Never had to pay attention to the wars of "our reader is better than yours".

Finally solved the problem, reverted back to old nand, updated to 16537, issue still persisted, used the new remote update to flash the nand. Anyhow thanks for the help. Please close this thread